Learn to Build Full-Stack Apps with Serverless and React
Serverless Stack is an open source guide for building and deploying full-stack apps using Serverless and React on AWS.
We are going to create a note taking app from scratch using React.js, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, and Cognito.
It is a single-page React app powered by a serverless CRUD API. We also cover how add user authentication and handle file uploads.
The entire guide is hosted on GitHub and we use Discourse for our comments. With the help of the community we add more detail to the guide and keep it up to date.
- Provide a free comprehensive resource
- Add more content to build on core concepts
- Keep the content accurate and up to date
- Help people resolve their issues
- If you are running into issues with a specific chapter, post in the comments for that chapter.
- Open a new issue if you've found a bug
- Or if you have a suggestion create a new topic in our forums
- If you've found a typo, edit the chapter and submit a pull request.
Source for the Demo App
Thank you for your considering to contribute. Read more about how you can contribute to Serverless Stack.
To install, run the following in the root of the project.
$ bundle install
And to view locally.
$ bundle exec jekyll serve
You can now view the guide locally by visiting
You can also turn on live reloading and incremental builds while editing.
$ bundle exec jekyll serve --incremental --livereload
Generating the PDF
You can generate the PDF locally on macOS by following these steps.
- Generate a
Cover.pdfwith latest version and date
- Create an
- Update the date and version in the
- Open the cover page locally in Safari by going to
- In the Safari Menu on the File Menu, hit the Export to PDF… button.
- Create an
ebookfolder is an option when hitting the Export to PDF… button in Safari.
- In the terminal, run
osascript pdf.scptin the
etc/directory of this repository.
We are looking for a better way to generate the PDF (and other eBook) formats. If you've got any ideas consider contributing.
Thanks to these folks for their contributions to the content of Serverless Stack.
- Peter Eman Paver Abastillas: Social login chapters
- Bernardo Bugmann: Translating chapters to Portuguese
- Sebastian Gutierrez: Translating chapters to Spanish and adding copy button for code snippets
- Vincent Oliveira: Translating chapters to French
- Leonardo Gonzalez: Translating chapters to Portuguese
- Vieko Franetovic: Translating chapters to Spanish
- Christian Kaindl: Translating chapters to German
- Jae Chul Kim: Translating chapters to Korean