A 2D sandbox game, written using libGDX and Java 8. Partially made as a testing ground for Entity Component systems, AI, world generation, biome generation and shaders.
This project is no longer being worked on. I have moved on to other things.
No issues with the game will be fixed.
- infinite procedurally generated world
- biomes and cave systems
- basic building, resource collection
- reflective water shaders
- GUI made with uCore Scene
- multiplayer, made with Kryonet
- lighting system, using a modified version of box2D lights
- ingame chat
- Install JDK 8 - not any other version! If you fail to use the right version, the build may fail.
- Open a terminal/command prompt, and run
./gradlew server:run(linux/mac) /
- Open another terminal/cmd tab and run
./gradlew desktop:run(linux/mac) /
- Press "connect" in the game window.
Experience a broken game that will never be fixed.
I haven't touched this project in at least 2 years, so if you run into problems, you're on your own.
- proper player characters
- more blocks
- passive creatures
- saving entities in chunks
- block entities and data