Update to most current release if you are using v2.1
PowerShell script for Exchange Server 2013 environments to clean up Exchange and IIS log files.
This script deletes all Exchange and IIS logs older than X days from all Exchange 2013 servers that are fetched using the Get-ExchangeServer cmdlet.
The Exchange log file location is read from the environment variable and used to build an adminstrative UNC path for file deletions.
It is assumed that the Exchange setup path is IDENTICAL across all Exchange servers.
The IIS log file location is read from the local IIS metabase of the LOCAL server and is used to build an administrative UNC path for IIS log file deletions.
It is assumed that the IIS log file location is identical across all Exchange servers
- Utilizes the global function library found here: http://scripts.granikos.eu
- Exchange Server 2013+
- Exchange Management Shell (EMS)
Number of days Exchange and IIS log files should be retained, default is 30 days
Switch to use automatic detection of the IIS and Exchange log folder paths
Indicates the the script is executed on an Exchange Server holding the EDGE role. Without the switch servers holding the EDGE role are excluded
Absolute path to a repository folder for storing copied log files and compressed archives. Preferably an UNC path. A new subfolder will be created for each Exchange server.
Log file copy and archive mode. Possible values
- None = All log files will be purged without being copied
- CopyOnly = Simply copy log files to the RepositoryRootPath
- CopyAndZip = Copy logfiles and send copied files to compressed archive
- CopyZipAndDelete = Same as CopyAndZip, but delete copied log files from RepositoryRootPath
Switch to send an Html report
Email address of report sender
Email address of report recipient
SMTP Server for email report
.\Purge-LogFiles -DaysToKeep 14
Delete Exchange and IIS log files older than 14 days
.\Purge-LogFiles -DaysToKeep 7 -Auto
Delete Exchange and IIS log files older than 7 days with automatic discovery
.\Purge-LogFiles -DaysToKeep 7 -Auto -SendMail -MailFrom firstname.lastname@example.org -MailTo email@example.com -MailServer mail.sedna-inc.com
Delete Exchange and IIS log files older than 7 days with automatic discovery and send email report
.\Purge-LogFiles -DaysToKeep 14 -RepositoryRootPath \\OTHERSERVER\OtherShare\LOGS -ArchiveMode CopyZipAndDelete`
Delete Exchange and IIS log files older than 14 days, but copy files to a central repository and compress the log files before final deletion
THIS CODE IS MADE AVAILABLE AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK OF THE USE OR THE RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THIS CODE REMAINS WITH THE USER.
Download and vote at TechNet Gallery
Written by: Thomas Stensitzki
- My Blog: http://justcantgetenough.granikos.eu
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/stensitzki
- LinkedIn: http://de.linkedin.com/in/thomasstensitzki
- Github: https://github.com/Apoc70
For more Office 365, Cloud Security, and Exchange Server stuff checkout services provided by Granikos
- Blog: http://blog.granikos.eu
- Website: https://www.granikos.eu/en/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/granikos_de
- Is-Admin function (c) by Michel de Rooij, firstname.lastname@example.org