Add or remove remote IP address ranges to an existing receive connector on all Exchange 2013+ Servers
This script adds or removes IP addresses or IP address ranges to/from existing Receive Connectors. The input file can contain more than one IP address (range), one entry per line. The IP address parameter can be used to add a single IP address. The script creates a new sub directory beneath the current location of the script. The script utilizes the directory as a log directory to store the current remote IP address ranges prior modification. A log is written to the \log subfolder utilitzing the GlobalFunctions Logger object.
This script is a replacement for https://github.com/Apoc70/Add-ReceiveConnectorIpAddress
- Registered GlobalModules PowerShell module, http://scripts.granikos.eu
- Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Exchange ManagementShell 2013+, preferably 2016+
- Optionally, a txt file containing new remote IP address ranges, one per line
Example: 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.10-192.168.2.20 192.168.3.0/24
Name of the receive connector the new IP addresses should be added to
Name of the input file name containing IP addresses, file must be located in the same directory as the PowerShell script
Single IP address for being added/removed to/from a receive connector
Add - add remote IP address ranges Remove - remove remote IP address ranges
View entire Active Directory forest (default FALSE)
Additonal comment on why an IP address is added or removed
.\Set-ReceiveConnectorIpAddress.ps1 -ConnectorName RelayConnector -FileName D:\Scripts\ip.txt -Action Add
Add all IP addresses stored in D:\Scripts\ip.txt to a receive connector named RelayConnector
.\Set-ReceiveConnectorIpAddress.ps1 -ConnectorName 'My Connector' -IpAddress 10.10.10.1 -Action Remove -ViewEntireForest $true
Remove IP address 10.10.10.1 from a receive connector nameds 'My Connector' from all Exchange Servers in the forest
.\Set-ReceiveConnectorIpAddress.ps1 -ConnectorName 'My Connector' -IpAddress 10.10.10.1 -Action Remove -ViewEntireForest $true -Comment 'Personal request of upper management'
Remove IP address 10.10.10.1 from a receive connector nameds 'My Connector' from all Exchange Servers in the forest with comment 'Personal request of upper management'
THIS CODE IS MADE AVAILABLE AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK OF THE USE OR THE RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THIS CODE REMAINS WITH THE USER.
Written by: Thomas Stensitzki
- My Blog: http://justcantgetenough.granikos.eu
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/stensitzki
- LinkedIn: http://de.linkedin.com/in/thomasstensitzki
- Github: https://github.com/Apoc70
- MVP Blog: https://blogs.msmvps.com/thomastechtalk/
- Tech Talk YouTube Channel (DE): http://techtalk.granikos.eu
For more Office 365, Cloud Security, and Exchange Server stuff checkout services provided by Granikos