Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
The First Release
I started work on this project in June 2015, and I am happy to share the first release on the cusp of 2016.
The main purpose of this release is to check for compatibility across devices and operating systems, and letting people know that this project exists and is usable.
This release lacks layers and other useful tools, but does have the brush, eye dropper and color picker tools along with undo and redo. Papaya is definitely not a full-featured graphics editor yet, but this release is a good start. Play around with it and if you have comments, suggestions or bug reports, get in touch with me via email or Twitter or by raising an issue here on GitHub.
Usage instructions: (1) Download the correct zip (2) Unzip it (3) Run the Papaya executable
Instructions on tool usage and shortcuts coming soon.
- Brush with variable size, hardness and opacity
- Eye dropper
- Color picker
- Loading jpg & png images, saving png images
- Drawing tablet (e.g. Wacom) support.
- Limited feature set. Papaya will get there slowly, but currently is still in early development.
- Only saves to png
- Not multithreaded. Blocks UI while saving and loading large images.
- No layers
- No handy keyboard shortcuts
- Rather poor error logging
- Drawing pen pressure sensitivity currently disabled because of lack of UI controls