Docker based Sample Application with Java REST server, MySQL database and Node.js frontend.
- Copy docker-compose.yml and save to local
- Fill in environment variables:
- CONTROLLER_URL : For example: xxx.saas.appdynamics.com
- CONTROLLER_PORT : 443 (SaaS controller), 8090 (or whichever port you set for on-prem controller)
- CONTROLLER_ACCOUNT_NAME : Get from License information
- CONTROLLER_ACCESS_KEY: Get from License information
- PORTAL_USERNAME: Your appdynamics.com account (required for downloading agents)
- PORTAL_PASSWORD: Your appdynamics.com password (required for downloading agents)
- AGENT_VERSION: Your 4 digit controller version, for example: 184.108.40.206.
- APP_ID: Not applicable if trying from GitHub source. Leave empty. (Note, some features are not availble with APP_ID left empty)
Note: If you want to build Docker images from source code, clone the project and uncomment line 7 and line 34 in docker-compose.yml.
Start the application from docker-compose.yml directory by running:
docker-compose up -d
Once you see "... Creating web", run this command to install AppDynamics agents:
docker exec -it rest install-appdynamics; docker exec rest start-all
Now your app is running (your default Docker host may not be 192.168.99.100):
Open frontend in browser, you will see this:
Stop and remove all the running containers:
Remove all the images:
docker rmi -f appdynamics/sample-app-rest appdynamics/sample-app-web mysql
Your enviroment is clean now!