Apress Source Code
This repository accompanies Low-Level Programming by Igor Zhirkov (Apress, 2017).
Download the files as a zip using the green button, or clone the repository to your machine using Git.
Each year, my students in ITMO university can opt to make a project that is connected to system programming or system programming languages in general instead of passing the final test. Each project is coded by one student, who is is free to chose a topic of interest. The source code is always available on GitHub and video demonstrations are mandatory.
The videos are being uploaded to our YouTube channel. Soon all available videos for all years are going to be uploaded.
This repository holds the following information:
- Book listings in listings
- Answers to book questions in questions/answers
- Errors and typos are collected in errata.md
- Sample solutions for assignments assignments
- FAQ about system setup at FAQ.md
- The links to preconfigured Linux virtual machines:
recommended if you are new to Linux Ubuntu 16 with standard desktop environment (VirtualBox): https://yadi.sk/d/CLf4D4IM3TSpsx
Debian 9 Minimal (.vmx) https://yadi.sk/d/BehMKGzS3LgXzG
- Debian 9 with XFCE installed (more user friendly, than minimal one if you are not a Linux expert; more lightweight than Ubuntu) https://yadi.sk/d/01uFWHCw3SHzh9.
For all virtual machines:
Username: user, password: user, root password: qwerty
- Docker image (thanks go to @kellyi ) https://github.com/kellyi/nasm-gcc-container
Release v1.0 corresponds to the code in the published book, without corrections or updates.
See the file Contributing.md for more information on how you can contribute to this repository.
I want to personally thank Kunio Yoshikawa for his amazing and most effective contributions in finding errors and typos in the book.
I also thank all readers who have provided me with feedback, critique and corrections. Your work benefits the community!