Utilities and scripts for improving gameplay in Banished.
AutoHotkey script to improve camera / main map control in fullscreen mode.
- drag terrain with right mouse button (like on google maps)
- zoom towards screen edges with mouse wheel
- tilt camera with middle mouse button
- download and install AutoHotkey
- download the banished_improved_camera_control.ahk file (e.g. right click on the link >
Save Link As...)
- execute (double click) the downloaded *.ahk file
- inside the game, try to drag the map with right mouse button across a large portion of the screen
- if the map has been moved too little, decrease
- if the map has been moved too far, increase
- if you want to drag the map with left button instead of right, replace BOTH occurrences of
- make other adjustments as needed
- after SAVING your changes, you will have to
Reload This Scriptfrom the context menu of the AHK notification icon on the Windows task-bar
Cities: Skylines utils
The game Cities: Skylines extensively supports modding, so creating a new mod is the correct way to implement new features. However, until such a camera mod exists, I adapted my Banished AHK script as a temporary workaround:
- Same usage as above, except that CS natively supports camera tilt with middle mouse button.