CUI Add to Package
ItemTypes, Methods, and other configuration items can be shared between Innovator instances by creating packages to use with the Package Import/Export Utilities. There is a convenient function available from the menu of the main grid under Tools > Admin > Add to Package Definition that can be used to quickly add items to existing package or to create new packages altogether.
This project uses CUI to create a similar menu button that's available from all item windows and tabs.
This project and the following release notes have been migrated from the old Aras Projects page.
Supported Aras Versions
|v1||11.0 SP15, 11.0 SP12|
Note: This project was built and tested using 11.0 SP15, but it should work in any version of Aras Innovator 11.0 greater than 11.0 SP7
Always back up your code tree and database before applying an import package or code tree patch!
- Aras Innovator installed
- Aras Package Import tool
- aras.labs.addToPackageFromItemWindow import package
- Backup your database and store the BAK file in a safe place.
- Open up the Aras Package Import tool.
- Enter your login credentials and click Login
- Note: You must login as root for the package import to succeed!
- Enter the package name in the TargetRelease field.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field.
- Enter the path to your local
..\CUI Add to Package\Imports\imports.mffile in the Manifest File field.
- Select aras.labs.addToPackageFromItemWindow in the Available for Import field.
- Select Type = Merge and Mode = Thorough Mode.
- Click Import in the top left corner.
- Close the Aras Package Import tool.
- Login as admin
- This action will be hidden from non-adminsitrator users
- Open any Item
- In the Item's window or tab, select Tools > Admin > Add to Package Definition
- Choose a package to add this item to
- Click OK
- Confirm that this Item was added to the package
- You can find the packages in your system in the TOC under Administration > Configuration > PackageDefinitions
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
Created by Christopher Gillis for Aras Labs. @cgillis-aras
Published to Github under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for license rights and limitations.