Run Client Method
This package adds a method and action to run client-side Methods from the method editor, similar to the built-in Run Server Method action.
|v1.0.1||Tested 11.0 SP12, SP15. Tested on Edge, Firefox 60 ESR, Chrome.|
|v1.0.0||First release. Tested on Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 38 ESR, Chrome. Though built and tested using Aras 11.0 SP7, this project should function in older releases of Aras 11.0 and Aras 10.0.|
Supported Aras Versions
|v1.0.1||10.0 SPx, 11.0 SP7+, 11.0 SP12+, 11.0 SP15|
|v1.0.0||10.0 SPx, 11.0 SP7; Old Community Board Migration|
Always back up your code tree and database before applying an import package or code tree patch!
- Aras Innovator installed (version 11.0 SPx preferred)
- Aras Package Import tool
- RunClientMethod import package
- Backup your database and store the BAK file in a safe place.
- Open up the Aras Package Import tool.
- Enter your login credentials and click Login
- Note: You must login as root for the package import to succeed!
- Enter the package name in the TargetRelease field.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field.
- Enter the path to your local
..\RunClientMethod\Import\imports.mffile in the Manifest File field.
- Select RunClientMethod in the Available for Import field.
- Select Type = Merge and Mode = Thorough Mode.
- Click Import in the top left corner.
- Close the Aras Package Import tool.
- (Optional) Execute the contents of Data\testData.xml in Nash or AML Studio to add sample data to your database for testing.
You are now ready to login to Aras and try out the Run Client Method action.
- Log in to Aras as admin.
- Navigate to Administration > Methods in the table of contents (TOC).
- Search for a client method you would like to test and open it.
- The optional test data contains a method for testing called "test run client method".
- Click Actions > Run Client Method in the main menu.
The Run Client Method action will display a window with the output returned by the method. If the method does not return a value, the window will be blank.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
For more information on contributing to this project, another Aras Labs project, or any Aras Community project, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Original code written by Jon Hodge for Aras Professional Services.
Documented and published by Eli Donahue for Aras Labs. @EliJDonahue
Aras Labs projects are published to Github under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for license rights and limitations.