Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Restart Recommended: To get the web client fix requires a game engine restart.
- Viewing other peoples' roles is now restricted to role admins. (Suggested by skew)
- Web client connection was broken. (Reported by skew)
Restart Suggested: You can get by without a game restart, but you won’t get several of the bug fixes until you restart the game engine.
- Added a ‘pause scrolling’ button to the web client. (Suggested by Farfalla)
- Added a ‘jump to end’ button to the web “live scene” screen. (Suggested by Roadspike)
- Added a new command (help ascii) so SimpleMU users can downgrade to ASCII-only and not get gibberish when someone uses smart quotes or other non-ascii characters. You can also enable this in your AresCentral preferences so it carries over to all Ares games. (Suggested byTat)
- All groups are now available in the chargen welcome bbpost, not just position. (Suggested by skew)
- Fixed multiple results error when your name starts with the same name as an exit. (Reported by Ria & skew)
- Wiki scene list wasn’t showing participants correctly. (Reported by Tat)
- Web portal poses starting with apostrophe were treated as says, not emits. (Reported by Roadspike)
- Fixed issue with the install script on latest version of redis.
- Migrate shouldn’t run any migrations lower than your starting version. (affects new installs only)
- hooks/set doesn’t clear hooks as it should. (Reported by skew)
- hooks gives an error for a brand new character. (Reported by skew)
- New player arrival message isn’t posting. (Reported by skew)
- The \ shortcut for emits lets you emit to a channel, but shouldn’t. (Reported by Tat)
- Fixed error with nightly game update to AresCentral.
- Character profile now shows the nickname if that feature’s enabled. (Suggested by skew)
- combat/log now shows entries in reverse order. (Suggested by Tat)
A few bugfixes to the FFG plugin. To update, see Updating Plugins.
- Chars can no longer add/remove specializations once they’ve started adding skills or talents, since it messes up the XP costs. (Reported by skew)
- Couldn’t remove your only talent.
- Universal specializations weren’t being recognized properly.
- New config option to set what channels characters are added to when they’re approved. See channels config. (Suggested by Tat@AresCent)
- New commands:
channel/removecharlet channel admins force people to join/leave channels.
- In-game scene list improvements - it now shows whether a scene is in a temp room or on-grid, shows last activity, and highlights who’s actually in the room.
- New command:
config/checkto validate all your config files.
- Web portal scene list now shows last activity (and updates it).
- Better detection of config issues that span multiple files (like duplicate config entries in different files.)
Note: You won't get the new error-checking for config issues until you do a game engine restart, but you can do that at your leisure. Everything else will work without it.
- Required scene fields were giving a bad error message if missing, and could be left blank strings. (Reported by Altair@AresCent)
- create/reserve and password/reset will no longer generate passwords with equals signs. (Reported skew@AresCent)
- Add skill roll from scene should be disabled if FS3 disabled. (Reported by Altair@AresCent)
- Error updating pose order if too many people leave the scene. (Reported by Roadspike@AresCent)
- Posing to scenes created on web portal was giving an error until somebody joined them in-game. (Reported by Blu@AresCent)
- When multiple results are found for a room in room commands (e.g. open/link/teleport) list the options.
- Better error message if wiki include is missing a variable.
- Changing custom CSS warns you to refresh the page just like changing colors does.
- Better scene debugging messages, especially with changes made from the web.
Note: This version requires a restart due to new server config options.
- New config options to support HTTPS on the web portal. See Server config. (Contributed by Glitch@AresCentral)
- New config options to disable logins and character creation. See Login config. (Suggested by skew@AresCentral)
- Allow autospace command to accept %n and aliased it to posebreak. (Suggested by skew@AresCentral)
- Config command now lets you look at a specific config option, so you can do
config fs3skills/action skillsinstead of spamming yourself with the entire fs3skills config.
- Builders can’t describe or shortdesc exits. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Editing game info would fail silently if there were other config errors. (Reported by skew@AresCentral)
- You can no longer duplicate weapon and armor specials. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- General cleanup of web portal notifications and alerting if the connection to the game goes down mid-scene.
- Extended the login timeout on the web portal. (Suggested by Rob@AresCentral)
- Forum and mail sort newest-first on web. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- Add a config option to allow the server to bind to a separate IP address for AWS servers and others with different public and private IPs. See Server config (Contributed by sean-brandt@GitHub)
- Improve ‘huh’ prompt. (Suggested by skew and Roadspike@AresCentral)
- Timeout temproom scenes after a couple days of no activity. You can configure the timeout. See Scenes config.
- Fix to quickref topic lookup.
- Removed last activity on scenes list in web portal because it wasn’t updating right.
- You can now install ‘extra’ plugins from the game itself (help plugins).
- Added menu items to the Admin->Setup screen in the web portal to make it easier to find things you’ll commonly want to edit (like connect screen and website home text).
- New command: echo/room akin to Rhost’s train command. (Suggested by skew@MSB)
- The web portal will now let you edit broken config files (to fix them). (Found by AlexRaymond@AresCentral and skew@MSB)
- Spending luck will create a job. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- Files menu shows up under admin as well as directory in the web portal (Suggested by AlexRaymond@AresCentral)
- Minor install fixes for warnings and such. Doesn’t affect existing games.
- Web portal shows both the portal version and the game version. (Suggested indirectly by me helping Blu@AresCentral)
Note: This version requires a game restart due to some enhancements in the help system.
- Improved the quickref (qr) command to work better across multiple files in a topic. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- Exit brackets in room descs are now configurable. See Describe Plugin Config. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- The scene download screen now shows plain text instead of HTML, and has a ‘Download’ button that (on most browsers anyway) should prompt you to save the log.
- Error when re-using a channel alias from a deleted channel on a similarly-named new one. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Poses could go to the wrong scene if you were logged into the game and web portal (in different scenes) at the same time. (Reported by Altair and Blu@AresCentral)
- Downloading a scene that had not been shared just showed the summary and not poses. (Reported by Blu@AresCentral)
- Error in cg/next when using any of the skill systems in ares-extras. (Reported by AlexRaymond@AresCentral) Note that updating an extra requires a special step, described in Ares Extras.
- AresCentral game status now allows “Alpha” as a selection.
- Help text is now cached in memory for faster lookups.
- Census fields are now configurable, mirroring the way the who list works. See demographics configuration. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- Poses from web portal weren't updating pose order. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Excessive spacing between lines on the web portal 'Play' screen.
- Scene participation achievements was being issued multiple times. The update's db migration will delete prior scene participation achievements and replace them with the correct ones. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Added column headings to clarify the contents on the active scenes list. (Suggested by Altair@AresCentral)
- Some code reorganization in the who plugin (so it can be shared with the census plugin) might affect you if you had any custom who fields. Talk to me if you have any trouble sorting that out.
Note: This version requires a game restart due to a updates to the handlebars and rubyzip libraries.
- Friends list now shows location. (suggested by skew@MSB)
- Pose order now lets you switch to 3-per pose notifications. (suggested by skew@MSB)
- New command: combat/stances. (suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- New command: beep (suggested by skew@MSB)
- Active scene pages now show offline characters as grayed out.
- Aliases can be lowercase. (suggested by ZombieGenesus@AresCentral)
- The default NPC skill level is now configurable, in case you change the NPC type names. (suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- You can now shift IC time by hours in addition to days. (suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- Chatting from the web portal wasn’t showing your handle name. (reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Couldn’t register new game with AresCentral. (reported by Tat@AresCentral & Glitch@AresCentral)
- forum/order command wasn’t reordering boards correctly. (reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Blank tags (wiki/profile/scenes) messes up the tag display. (reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Fixed unnecessary notifications in the active scenes view. (reported by Roadspike@AresCentral)
- Error when setting up page monitoring for harassment reporting.
- Active scene page wasn’t switching the page title properly.
- Web portal search wasn’t properly linking wiki pages with special characters in their name.
- Fixed the archival web portal export.
- New character names are now auto-capitalized instead of giving you an error (based on the poll results).
- The time command now shows the server timezone. The server timezone was changed from an Events plugin config item to a general date/time config item.
Note: This entry only informs players about what timezone your server is using. If you want to change your server’s timezone, you need to run the command
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdatafrom your server shell.
- Web portal background skills were defaulting to Interest instead of Fair. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- The game now prevents you from deleting a character who’s in combat, which would cause errors with the combat lists. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- Table of contents links on wiki pages weren’t working right. (Reported by Tat@AresCentral)
- The live scene page wasn’t updating live if you weren’t logged in.
- The scene location selection on the live scene page wasn’t showing locations right.
- Made some improvements to the way the active scenes page refreshes its data.
- You can review and approve characters from the web portal. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
- You can now turn chat titles on and off with the
chat/showtitlescommand. (Suggested by Pondscum@MSB)
- Combat organizers now have more flexibility in assigning targets with the
combat/aicommand. For example: combat/ai Bob:Tom Harry:Sally Mick will have Bob target Tom, Harry target Sally, and Mick pick a random target.
- You can configure the help text on the “Miscellaneous” screen in the Web Chargen (see Config Chargen). The FS3 abilities help tips were already configurable. (Suggested by Tat@AresCentral)
+chat <message>was showing the channel list. (Gray@BSGU)
- Chat titles weren’t showing on the web portal.
- Error about mounts when joining an existing vehicle.
- Improved behavior of
combat/hitlocswhen people are in vehicles.
- Improved combat explosion handling, so people who do better on dodge get less shrapnel.
- Reorganized combat help files.
- Improved the Visible Target Finder, which made ‘look’ and other commands work better. To get the improvements requires a game restart, but you can do that at your leisure.