A mod for Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
Afaaq is a djinni – a genie of the Elemental Plane of Air. He is very old even in genie terms. The numerous events he witnessed in his long life have left their marks on his personality. He appears somewhat reserved and radiates a melancholic, sometimes even gloomy aura. Afaaq is more serious than others of his kind and tends to talk in a rather long-winded and convoluted way. He respects wisdom and open-mindedness, but will also tolerate foolhardy behavior to a certain degree. Everything else he can tell you by himself.
When you first meet him, he is equipped with his favorite enchanted scimitar, has a small variety of spells and a couple of unusual innate abilities. The djinni gains experience much like a party member would do and levels up automatically. Depending on the choices you make during the course of the game, he may become even more useful later.
- The djinni Afaaq who acts as your "seventh party member"
- Extensive dialog content between Afaaq and the protagonist
- Banters with the original Bioware/Beamdog NPCs
- Interjections and commentaries
- An extensive player-initiated dialog with Afaaq
- Up to five new interesting quests
- Six new areas
- A couple of unique artifacts
- Several easter eggs ;)
Changes in v1.6:
- Fixed a serious bug in combination with QuestPack's "Revised Hell Trials" component.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the party to leave an area after the djinni returned into his lamp.
- Added new rumors to the Drow innkeeper in Ust Natha.
- Added more background information about House Arabani to several drow citizens.
- Improved Afaaq's ability "Control Aerial Creatures".
- Expanded Afaaq's level progression up to level 30 and added saving throw bonuses on level up.
- Added more Afaaq-specific lines to Trademeet Dao Genies.
- Afaaq reacts to failed pickpocket attempts from party members (TobEx/BG2EE only).
- Various minor fixes and optimizations.