CTR_v1.7.4_fx45-56_signed_by_Mozilla.xpi can be installed on Firefox 52-56 without workarounds. It is the latest signed version of CTR.
CTR_v1.7.4.xpi points internally to a Github update url, so only browsers not requiring add-ons signing will get updates automatically.
CTR_v1.7.4_updatetest_126.96.36.199_to._1.7.4.xpi offers a demonstration of how the update works on Waterfox. Basilisk is not working yet at least for me.
CTR_v1.7.4_fx45-56_not_signed.xpi is the default file like always. Its update url does not point to Github. A workaround is required to install it on Firefox 52-56.
All files despite of their version or version tag are identical feature wise.
Main version is now for Waterfox and Basilisk only. If you have installed the new CTR_v1.7.4.xpi file from here on 2018-03-16 or later, you will receive future updates automatically from here not from AMO.
Firefox 45-56 users should receive updates from AMO as always, although reviews seem to take forever now. If you are using CTR, switch to Waterfox or Basilisk.
- French (fr) translation updated (thanks to BlackJack)
- add-on manager version number: optimized xml code / reduced file size
- Location bar > 'alt. autocomplete popup': optimized xml code / reduced file size
- Searchbar > Old search: optimized xml code / reduced file size
- minor tweaks for 'CTR > Other settings > emphasize Firefox 57+ compatible' options