Pinned: Critical bugs only!
Since we are working on the next-gen version of the wallet, we won't be reviewing pull requests with new features and bugs (only critical bugs will be reviewed and merged). Our intention is deploying the first beta of the v2 desktop wallet in a few weeks time so we need to be focused on it exclusively.
Please do not submit Pull-Requests (PRs) unless they solve an urgent problem.
Pinned: Help us with translations
Collaborate with other translators on our OneSky project and help us get wallet translated in other languages http://osjc1wl.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project?id=95031
Please do not submit Pull-Requests (PRs) for translations, but use the link above!
Some Ubuntu-based distros may require additional packages to be able to install the
sudo apt-get install gconf2 libappindicator1 libdbusmenu-gtk4 libindicator7
Installing via Package Managers
For distros derived from Arch Linux the package is available in AUR, just run:
yaourt -Sy ark-desktop
For Mac users the package is available in Homebrew:
brew update brew cask install arkclient
- Available on Windows, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) and MacOSX (signed).
- No need to download ARK blockchain, just sync to the network: launch and use within seconds.
- View any account from its address (transactions, delegate status and votes).
- Label any account and add your own contacts.
- Hardware wallet support : Ledger Nano S.
- Real-time currency value (updated every 5 min) in USD, EUR, BTC, HKD, JPY, CNY, AUD, GBP, Rubble, ...
- Autoconnect to a healthy ARK network peer. If the peer is not good anymore, it will automatically find a new one.
- Send ark from / to any account.
- Easily switch to a different network, or private chains.
- Customized backgrounds and themes for better user experience.
- Choose between dark or light mode.
- Isolated processes on Windows and MacOSX to prevent from data sniffing or injection.
- Translations (thanks to the ARK community) - help out http://osjc1wl.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project?id=95031
- Organise your accounts with virtual folders (for instance savings, personnal etc...) so you don't pay any transfer fee (stored locally).
- Change your delegate vote.
- When new version is available, message is shown in the right upper part.
- Easy to update - download latest version, start installation program and it will automatically remove previous version and install new one.
- Second signature supported.
- (soon) Deposit or withdraw ARK using altcoins or USD (via exchange) - no registration needed.
- (soon) Multisignature accounts.
- SAVE YOUR PASSPHRASE(S) - if you lose it, you lose access to that particular ARK address(es). There is no forgot my password option with blockchains and no one can help you retrieve it!
To clone and run this repository you'll need Git and Node.js (which comes with npm) installed on your computer. Optionally switch to node 8.11.2, because this is currently developed with this version:
nvm install 8.11.2 nvm use
Install from source:
# Clone this repository git clone https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/ark-desktop # Go into the repository cd ark-desktop # Install dependencies npm install
- In some cases, node-hid doesn't provide pre-built binaries, so is necessary to install the node-hid dependencies to build them from source before running
Requirements to build from OS X
brew tap Homebrew/bundle brew bundle
If you discover a security vulnerability within this application, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. All security vulnerabilities will be promptly addressed.
- If you find any bugs, submit an issue or open pull-request, helping us catch and fix them.
- Engage with other users and developers on ARK Slack.
- Join to our gitter.
- Contribute bounties.
- FX Thoorens firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guillaume Verbal email@example.com
- Lúcio Rubens firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juan Martín email@example.com
ARK Desktop is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details.