Thank you for over 32.000 downloads!
The DayZ Community Offline Mode offers the ability, to explore the world of DayZ in a singleplayer environment. While this mode does not represent the actual DayZ gameplay it offers other possibilites for developers, content creators and player who do want to experiment around but not loose all their progress from online.
This is UNOFFICIAL, so don't blame the DayZ development team if this is not working at all for you!
Info for server owners & mappers
There is now a wiki page available on how to use the community offline mode to spawn map objects on your server or mission you are working on: Add custom objects to your server or mission
Download this zip archive.
Make sure you are on the latest
EXPERIMENTAL version of the game.
Missions folder inside your DayZ game directory (
For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ).
Even though this is not directly bannable by Battleye, just to make sure: Rename your Battleye folder to Battleye.disabled, and rename the DayZ_BE.exe to DayZ_BE.exe.disabled.
Now you now start the script
DayZ/Missions/DayZCommunityOfflineMode.ChernarusPlus/DayZCommunityOfflineMode.bat to start the game. You will be loaded directly into the offline mode.
Or add the following start parameter to your game:
To unstinstall this mod, simple delete all downloaded files, and rename your .disabled folders back to their original name.
You might delete your whole
Missions folder and validate your game files via steam to get the original DayZ files back.
- Y (Z for QWERTZ-Keyboard) - Open the COM toolbar menu.
- X - Toggle Autowalk
- X + SHIFT - Enable Autorun ( Just X to disable it again )
- END - Teleport at the position you are looking at
- O - Spawn a random infected (Zombies)
- O + CTRL - Spawn a doge (Actually a wolf, but you can try and pet him if you have godmode enabled)
- O + SHIFT - Spawn a random animal
- R - Reload the weapon and refill the ammo (Infinite ammo)
- P - Display your current position in the chat and print it to your logfiles (See logfiles section for their location)
- B - Toggle debug monitor
- INSERT - Toggle free camera. This teleports your player to the position you looked at when turning it off
Object Editor Controls:
- Click objects to select them.
- Click and drag objects to move them.
- Click on nothing to deselect the current object.
- Middle Click to snap to ground (Might not be accurate)
- Spawn in new items using the object spawner menu that can be found in the toolbar.
- You can either enter values on the onject editor gui or hover above the value with your mouse and use the scroll wheel to in-/decrease them.
In case you want to report errors to us or the offical dayz dev team, you might need logfile info. We also save the positions you printed ingame in it so that you might revisit them later on by saving them in some textfile. Locations are stored inside the script.log for now.
You find your logfiles here:
Press WINDOWS + R -> Type in %localappdata%/DayZ -> Hit enter.
- Adding a dedicated logfile
- Adding persitent settings and stats saving
- Adding a cinematic manager for content creators