Ethminer for macOS
- Current Version: Check the Releases tab.
- Also known as cpp-ethereum and c++-ethereum.
- Ethereum Donations:
- Me: 0x1e8cce03A2C01d18C5a68F410bfE34eea1aa16f2
- Genoil: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
This is a fork of the cpp-ethereum project that works on macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) and 10.13.x (High Sierra).
This specific repo was forked from Genoil's cpp-ethereum Repo, which itself was forked from the official aforementined repo. This fork was made in response to the lack of maintained macOS support from Genoil's fork and from the Official Homebrew Ethereum Formula.
The conversation that led to this fork can be found at https://github.com/ethereum/homebrew-ethereum/issues/116.
Download and install the latest version of
- For Nvidia Cards - Xcode 7.3 Command Line Tools at https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Command_Line_Tools_OS_X_10.11_for_Xcode_7.3/Command_Line_Tools_OS_X_10.11_for_Xcode_7.3.dmg
- Afterwards run
sudo xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
- For everything else - Xcode 8.3.3 or newer at https://developer.apple.com/xcode
- Homebrew from https://brew.sh
- Download this fork of cpp-ethereum
git clone --recursive https://github.com/ArtSabintsev/Ethminer-for-macOS
- Enter the downloaded folder and create and enter the
mkdir build; cd build
- Run one of the the following
cmakecalls on the root directory from within the
- This will also install all the homebrew dependencies that you'll need.
// RUN THIS IF YOU HAVE AN NVIDIA CARD AND WANT PROPRIETARY DRIVERS. cmake -DBUNDLE=cudaminer -DETHSTRATUM=1 -DETHASHCUDA=ON .. // RUN THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY CARD (INCL. NVIDIA) AND WANT THE OPEN SOURCE 'OpenCL' DRIVERS. cmake -DBUNDLE=miner -DETHSTRATUM=1 ..
- Afterwards, run
cmakeagain, but on your current directory, the build directory.
cmake --build .
Once installation succedes, go to the
ethminer directory (from the build directory). Type in
./ethminer and you're good to go.
nvcc fatal : The version ('90000') of the host compiler ('Apple clang') is not supported
Ensure you have installed Xcode CLT 7.3 and switched using the xcode-select command as outline above.
Verify that clang has been downgraded via
nvcc fatal : Unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_20'
Modify the generated CMAKE file at
Remove the following flag:
make command again.
While I am a full-time programmer, I do not use C/C++ in my daily life, at least not at a level where I can actively develop this fork. I will do my best to support the fork.