My Syntax Highlighter
Free WordPress Plugin
An easy to use, with intuitive interface, WordPress plugin that provides a simple way for embedding syntax-highlighted source code within pages or posts on your website, without losing it's formatting or making any manual changes. Supporting 13 languages, 16 shortcodes and 36 themes. The syntax highlighting feature implemented via a CodeMirror library.
Syntax highlighting is a feature that displays source code, in different colors and fonts according to the category of terms. Syntax highlighting is one strategy to improve the readability and context of the text; especially for code that spans several pages. The reader can easily ignore large sections of comments or code, depending on what they are looking for.
This plugin also uses standalone Shortcode-Processor to prevent WordPress from converting newlines to HTML paragraphs, replacing apostrophes with typographic quotes and so on.
This plugin is just plug and play, no tedious configurations or hacks, just install, enable and start using your new shortcodes.
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure code with using clear coding standards
- Intuitive interface with many settings
- Cross browser compatible (work smooth in any modern browser)
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- RTL compatible (right to left)
- Translation ready
- Published on WordPess.org
Key features include...
- Standalone Shortcode-Processor
- Code syntax highlighting
- Line numbering
- Dollar sign before line
- 36 Themes
- 13 Languages
- 15 Shortcodes
- Allow shortcodes in the text widget
- And much, much more!
PRO features include...
- 55 Themes (all provided themes from CodeMirror)
- 153 Languages (all provided languages from CodeMirror)
- 121 Shortcodes
- Programming language selection option
- Loading CodeMirror files on pages only when needed
- Well documented
A list of supported languages:
Click to view language examples. Highlighted with Default theme.
- PHP → see example
- XML → see example
- HTML → see example
- CSS → see example
- SCSS → see example
- LESS → see example
- SASS → see example
- MarkDown → see example
- Perl → see example
- SQL → see example
- MySQL → see example
- Shell → see example
A list of supported shortcodes:
- [code][/code] - customizable shortcode
A list of supported themes:
- 3024 day
- 3024 night
- Ambiance mobile
- Base16 dark
- Base16 light
- Erlang dark
- Lesser dark
- Paraiso dark
- Paraiso light
- Pastel on dark
- The matrix
- Tomorrow night bright
- Tomorrow night eighties
- Vibrant ink
- XQ dark
- XQ light
This plugin is ready for translation and has already been translated into several languages.
- English (default)
- Russian (translation by Milena Kiseleva)
- German (translation by Michael)
- Spanish (translation by Patricio Toledo)
- Dutch (translation by Peter Leenders)
If you want to help translate this plugin then please visit the translation page.
Minimum system requirements:
Recommended system requirements:
Developing plugins is long and tedious work. If you benefit or enjoy this plugin please take the time to:
- Donate to support ongoing development. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
- Rate and Review this plugin.
- Share with us or view the GitHub Repo if you have any ideas or suggestions to make this plugin better.
Welcome and thanks! I appreciate you taking the initiative to contribute to this project.
Contributing isn’t limited to just code. I encourage you to contribute in the way that best fits your abilities, by writing tutorials, making translation to your native language, giving a demo at your local meetup, helping other users with their support questions, or revising the documentation for this project.
Please take a moment to read the guidelines in the CONTRIBUTING.md. Following them helps to communicate that you respect the time of the other contributors to the project. In turn, they’ll do their best to reciprocate that respect when working with you, across timezones and around the world.
If you discover a security vulnerability within this plugin, please send an email to me. All security vulnerabilities will be promptly addressed.
This plugin is open-sourced software licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPLv3) and is distributed free of charge.
Commercial licensing (e.g. for projects that can’t use an open-source license) is available upon request.
- The icon of plugin is a copyrighted image created by Arthur Gareginyan. (C) All rights reserved.
- The banner of plugin is a copyrighted image created by Arthur Gareginyan. (C) All rights reserved.