###What Is It This is a data collection service similar to Xively and data.sparkfun.com
It is a PHP application based on Laravel and can store random pieces of time series data divided into streams.
The purpose of this application has changed slightly to be more of a home automation / data driven system. The existing functionality has been retained but additional bits have been added and the focus of the interface has changed.
- Multiple independent streams of data
- Graphs can be easily generated based on a particular piece of data
- Graphs can also be filtered based on other data
- Pusher is used for a live updating table of stream data
- Triggers based on incoming data - send a message via pushover or set a local variable
- Handle geographic data
- A formula type system to carry out more advanced operations
- Set one or more variables to be returned when data is sent
###Data storage Most of the system data is stored in an SQL database but the main feed data is stored in Amazon's Simple DB. A Simple DB domain is used for each stream and each domain has a hard cap of 10Gb of storage, realistically this shouldn't be a problem but its worth keeping in mind.
###Important This is the code base for the service I am running for my own use so it will require a few changes to get it running for a different purpose but it shouldn't be to much.