Textractor (a.k.a. NextHooker) is an open-source x86/x64 text hooker for Windows/Wine based off of ITHVNR.
- Highly extensible
- Auto hook many game engines (including some not supported by VNR!)
- Hook text using /H "hook" codes (most AGTH codes supported)
- Directly extract text using /R "read" codes
Please let me know of any bugs, games that Textractor has trouble hooking, feature requests, or other suggestions.
If you have trouble hooking a game please email me a place where I can freely download it, or gift it to me on Steam.
See my Example Extension project to see how to build an extension.
See the extensions folder for examples of what extensions can do.
All contributions are appreciated! Please email (no, I'm not busy!) me at email@example.com if you have any questions about the codebase.
You should use the standard process of making a pull request (fork, branch, commit changes, make PR from your branch to my master).
Contributing a translation is easy: just translate the strings in text.cpp as well as this README.
Before compiling Textractor, you should get Visual Studio with CMake support, as well as Qt version 5.11
You should then be able to simply open the folder in Visual Studio, and build. Run Textractor.exe.
The host (see GUI/host folder) injects vnrhook.dll (created from the vnrhook folder) into the target process and connects to it via 2 pipe files.
Host writes to hostPipe, vnrhook writes to hookPipe.
vnrhook waits for the pipe to be connected, then injects a few instructions into any text outputting functions (e.g. TextOut, GetGlyphOutline) that cause their input to be sent through the pipe.
Additional information about hooks is shared through a file view (a.k.a. section object) that is mapped to a reference to the TextHook class.
The text that the host receives through the pipe is then processed a little before being dispatched back to the GUI.
Finally, the GUI dispatches the text to extensions before displaying it.
If you're on this list and want your link changed let me know.
- Textractor made by Me and DoumanAsh
- Spanish translation by scese250
- Turkish translation by niisokusu
- Simplified Chinese translation by tinyAdapter
- ITHVNR updated by mireado and Eguni
- ITHVNR originally made by Stomp
- VNR engine made by jichi
- ITH updated by Andys
- ITH originally made by kaosu
- Locale Emulator library made by xupefei
- MinHook library made by TsudaKageyu
- Everybody adding issues!