Asqatasun Jenkins plugin
This project is the Jenkins plugin of Asqatasun.
If you are only interested in testing web accessibility in a graphical environment, please go to Asqatasun Documentation.
The Jenkins plugin of Asqatasun is dedicated to integrate the web accessibility tests Asqatasun can do into a Quality Assurance (QA) plateform, here Jenkins. It allows for example to add accessibility tests of a web application on a nightly build process (for instance just after the unit tests and functional tests).
The Jenkins plugin of Asqatasun is opensource (AGPL v3 license).
Problem & solution
You already have a QA platform (Jenkins) to build and test your app. Different kinds of tests are performed thanks to various Jenkins plugins (unit tests, functional tests, smoke tests, performance tests...).
For accessibility testing, your staff uses some automated tools and human tests, but you would like to have a stack of basic accessibility tests done in a fully automated and integrated fashion.
You know this is not sufficient to have a full compliance to accessibility, but this is a good starting point to seamlessly increase the accessibility level of your app (and by the way the accessibility skills of your dev team ;) ).
Asqatasun Jenkins plugin is meant to mecanize the tests provided by Asqatasun.
- Leverage strong level of automation provided by Asqatasun
- Benefit from highly reliable tests of Asqatasun
- Have stable or broken build depending on a given level of acceptance (for instance, stable = at least 80% of tests are OK)
- Have a centralized control panel in Jenkins
You may also generate graphs of various metrics including:
- Asqatasun Meter (the performance score of accessibility)
- Number of Passed / Failed / Not Applicatble tests
- Number of occurrences of failed tests
All audits ran can also be viewed in detail within Asqatasun web application, easing the identification of given errors.
You will find a detailed list of accessibility tests in Asqatasun Documentation.
Installation and documentation
- Network architecture
- Installation doc
- Configuration of Jenkins-plugin
- Configuration of item
- Run the build and view the results
- Graphs creation and customisation
- Developer doc (how to build, to contribute)
Support and discussions
- Asqatasun discussion space
- Twitter @Asqatasun
- email to
asqatasun AT asqatasun dot org(only English, French and klingon is spoken :) )
We would be really glad to have you on board ! You can help in many ways:
Everything is summarized in the CONTRIBUTING file.