Decentralized pension system
Let's build a pension system on blockchain that is not in the hands of governments or insurance companies but in the hands of its users.
The idea is to implement a pay-as-you-go pension system. Members pay their contributions in ETH and receive ERC20 tokens in return. No contributions are invested on the capital market and therefore no interest is earned. Instead, the paid-in ETH are used directly for the payment of outstanding pension claims. How much pension is paid out depends on how many pension token a pensioner has, e.g. how many contributions he paid into the system.
As a rule, pay-as-you-go systems only work because, for example, states introduce mandatory social security systems and can thus guarantee a stable number of members and contribution payments. In a decentralised pension system nobody can be forced to become a member. Instead, we want to incentivize membership by
- giving people who join early, more
- paying people a higher pension if they made higher contributions
- paying people a longer pension if they contributed for a long time
Members of Team Awesome
- Paul Mizel
- Fabian Raetz
- Gamal Schmuck
- Andrey Kuchaev
- Start your Browser with MetaMask and chose the Rinkeby Network
- You need ETH on Rinkeby Testnet (http://faucet.rinkeby.io)
- Go to https://ethberlin.asure.io
The dApp is hosted on GitHub Pages. SmartContracts are only deployed to the Rinkeby testnet.
- drizzle truffle box / used as a starting point
- includes tufflejs, react, redux, and drizzle
- Ganache / used for local development and to run our unit tests
- openzeppelin / base class for our ERC20 DecentralizedPensionToken