[Submit product or tutorial] or make it thru PR.
🙊 Deploy your own
- OpenVPN — full-featured open source VPN solution. (Digital Ocean tutorial)
- dockovpn.io — stateless OpenVPN dockerized server which doesn't require persistent storage.
- WireGuard — faster, simpler, leaner, and more useful than IPsec. It intends to be considerably more performant than OpenVPN. (Digital Ocean tutorial)
- Algo VPN — set of Ansible scripts that simplify the setup of a personal Wireguard and IPsec VPN.
- Streisand — another set of Ansible scripts to setup and run WireGuard, OpenConnect, OpenSSH, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, sslh, Stunnel, or a Tor bridge.
🎧 Deploy your own
Music streaming service
- Ampache — web based audio/video streaming application and file manager.
- Madsonic — web-based media library and media streamer with jukebox functionality.
- Mopidy — extensible music server.
- Koel — simple web-based personal audio streaming service. (GitHub)
- Funkwhale — web-based music library with Airsonic compatibility. (GitLab)
📷 Deploy your own
- Chevereto — powerful and fast image hosting script that allows you to create your very own image hosting website in just minutes.
- PhotoPrism — Personal photo management with Ai classification and lots of features (GitHub)
- Lychee — Upload, manage and share photos like from a native application (GitHub)
- Photo-Stream — super-simple, jekyll-based, self-hosted photo stream.
- Piwigo — PHP image gallery. (GitHub)
- Pinry — your own Pinterest with boards and tags. (GitHub)
📚 Deploy your own
- Calibre — e-book manager, packed with all you need features (including server).
- COPS — Calibre OPDS and HTML server. (Urown tutorial)
- Calibre-Web — web UI for Calibre database.
📄 Deploy your own
- Collabora — LibreOffice in the cloud with collaboration features. (tutorial for OwnCloud)
- ONLYOFFICE CE — private cloud office with collaboration features. CE version distributed as Docker image. (GitHub)
- SeaTable — your own Airtable where spreadsheets meets database.
- Baserow — your own API-focused Airtable with plugins.
- Nocodb — Airtable alternative could be based on top of MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite & MariaDB with solid GUI (GitHub)
🎬 Deploy your own
📝 Deploy your own
- CodiMD — realtime collaborative markdown notes.
- Standard Notes — clean and simple web app with E2E encryption, extensions and clients. How to self-host tutorial
- TinyList — your own Google Keep. Simple and clean. GitHub
- Leanote — your own Evernote. GitHub
- Bangle.io — web only WYSIWYG note taking app that saves notes locally in markdown. GitHub
🏷 Deploy your own
- Unmark — application for bookmarks. (Tutplus tutorial from 2014)
- Bookmarks — self-hosted bookmarking app that can import bookmarks from delicious and chrome.
- xBrowserSync — secure and anonymous bookmarking server with browser plugins and mobile app. (GitHub)
- Nextcloud Bookmarks — bookmark app for Nextcloud with browser plugins, mobile and desktop apps. (GitHub)
- LinkAce — bookmark archive with tags, lists and sharing features. (GitHub)
- Linkding — simple bookmarks with tags and neat UI.
- Benotes — bookmark taking web app with additional note taking feature.
🔤 Deploy your own
- Yourls — Your Own URL Shortener.
- Kutt — modern URL shortener with support for custom domains. (GitHub)
- Delta — a file uploader and URL shortener packed with features and CLI.
- Shlink — URL shortener with neat UI, API and analytics. (GitHub).
- CLI based approach
🗓 Deploy your own
- Radicale — CalDAV and CardDAV Server made with Python.
- Sabre — CardDAV, CalDAV and WebDAV server made with PHP.
- Calendar Server — Calendar and contacts server made by Apple.
🗄 Deploy your own
- OwnCloud — personal cloud which runs on your own server. (tutorial)
- Nextcloud — enhanced OwnCloud fork with tons of additional services like calendars, mail, contacts, video calls, etc (GitHub).
- Syncthing — continuous file synchronization program.
- MinIO — object storage server compatible with Amazon S3 APIs.
- Teedy — lightweight document management system with workflows (GitHub)
- Filestash — easily turn popular backends like SFTP, S3, GitHub etc into web-based file manager (GitHub)
🕸 Deploy your own
🛑 Deploy your own
- Pi-hole — network-wide ad blocking software you can deploy to local Raspberry Pi or always-free instance of Google Cloud. Yes, you've got the irony right. (GitHub)
- AdGuard Home — network-wide DNS resolver with encryption for blocking ads & tracking. (GitHub)
✉️ Deploy your own
- Mailu — dockerized, secured mail suite which is easy to install and maintain.
- Mailcow — dockerized mail server suite based on Postfix, Dovecot, Nginx, PHP, MariaDB, Rspamd and more. (GitHub)
- iRedMail — mail server suite with vast of options.
- Mail-in-a-Box — another mail server suite based on Postfix, Dovecot, Z-Push, Roundcube, Nextcloud, Apache SpamAssassin, Postgrey, Nginx. (GitHub)
- Roundcube — browser-based IMAP client with an application-like user interface.
- Postal — a fully featured mail server with web UI. (GitHub)
💬 Deploy your own
- Prosody IM — modern XMPP communication server. (Urown tutorial)
- Zulip — team chat which combined the immediacy of real-time chat with an email threading model. (GitHub)
- Rocket Chat — WebChat platform. (GitHub)
- Mattermost — private cloud, Slack-alternative. (GitHub)
- Mumble — low-latency, high quality voice chat for gaming. (GitHub)
- Matrix — ecosystem for open federated Instant Messaging and VoIP. (GitHub)
- Riot — multi platform chat app based on Matrix protocol.
📹 Deploy your own
- Jitsi — Multi-platform open-source video conferencing. (GitHub)
- Nextcloud Talk — chat or video calls via web or mobile apps, including screen sharing and webinar functionality. (GitHub)
✍️ Deploy your own
- Jekyll — static websites and blogs. (GitHub)
- Hugo — static site generators with amazing speed.
- Ghost — headless Node.js CMS for professional publishing.
- Gatsby — React-based framework that helps developers build fast websites and apps. (GitHub)
🗣 Deploy your own
- Isso — lightweight commenting server. It aims to be a drop-in replacement for Disqus. (GitHub)
- Remark42 — self-hosted, lightweight, and simple commenting system, which doesn’t spy on users (GitHub)
- Staticman — commenting server for static sites which stores all user generated content into your own repository. (GitHub)
- Code It Yourself approach by Tania Rascia
📈 Deploy your own
Web analytics engine
- Ackee — self-hosted, Node.js based analytics tool for those who care about privacy.
- Matomo — open analytics platform.
- GoAccess — real-time web log analyzer and interactive viewer that runs in a terminal or through browser. (GitHub)
- Fathom Lite — Simple, privacy-focused website analytics.
- Shynet — Privacy-friendly, detailed web analytics that works without cookies or JS.
🔍 Deploy your own
- Searx — A privacy-respecting, hackable metasearch engine. (GitHub)
- Whoogle — Deploy your own search engine that privately uses Google results.
📦 Deploy your own
- Duplicity — backs up directories by producing encrypted tar-format volumes and uploading them to a remote or local file server.
- Borg — deduplicating archiver with compression and encryption.
- ElkarBackup — backup solution based on RSync/RSnapshot.
- Restic — encrypted, deduplicated & simple backups with an easy-to-use CLI. (GitHub)
🔗 Deploy your own
- ArchiveBox — self-hosted web archive. (GitHub)
- Archivy — knowledge repository that allows you to preserve content. (GitHub)
🍕 Deploy your own
file sharing server
- Firefox Send — simple, private file sharing with encryption.
- FilePizza — peer-to-peer file transfers with only browser.
- Lufi — convenient file sharing with E2E encryption.
- Linx — simple file/code/media sharing website.
- XBackBone — PHP file manager that support the instant sharing tools like ShareX, uPic, etc (GitHub)
📂 Deploy your own
Information storing and organization system
- Bookstack — platform to create documentation/wiki content built with PHP & Laravel.
- MediaWiki — collaboration and documentation platform with enormous capabilities.
- Dokuwiki — simple wiki that doesn't require a database. (GitHub)
- Outline — fastest wiki and knowledge base for growing teams with markdown support and clean UI. (GitHub)
- Wiki.js — lightweight and extensible wiki made with Node.js. (GitHub)
- Hypothes.is — web annotating system with search, storing, collaboration, sharing and integrations. (GitHub)
🔑 Deploy your own
- Bitwarden — easiest and safest way to store, share, and sync sensitive data. (GitHub)
- LessPass — stateless password manager. (GitHub)
🤥 Deploy your own
Read it Later
- Shiori — simple bookmarks manager written intended as a simple clone of Pocket.
- Wallabag — self hostable application for saving web pages.
- Shaark — knowledge storage for web links, notes, pictures and passwords with clean web UI.
🗞 Deploy your own
- Selfoss — multipurpose rss reader, live stream, mashup, aggregation web application.
- FreshRSS — rss aggregator with responsive UI.(GitHub)
- Tiny Tiny RSS — web-based news feed reader and aggregator.
- Miniflux — minimalist and opinionated feed reader.
🇫🇮 Deploy your own
- GitLab CE — turn-key git hosting solution. (Digital Ocean tutorial)
- Gitolight — git hosting on a server, with very fine-grained access control and many powerful features.
- Gitea — lightweight and powerful git server made with Go, so you can deploy it even on Raspberry Pi. (GitHub)
- Pagure — lightweight, powerful, and flexible git-centered forge with decentralization features.
🗑 Deploy your own
- Privatebin — minimalist, online pastebin where the server has zero knowledge of pasted data. (GitHub)
- 0bin — client side encrypted pastebin that can run without a database. (GitHub)
🐵 Deploy your own
- Listmonk — newsletter and mailing list manager with a modern dashboard.
🥋Deploy your own
- Wekan — collaborative Kanban board.
- Kanboard — project management software that focuses on the Kanban methodology. (GitHub)
- Taiga — project management software with a kanban board, sprints, wiki and tickets. (GitHub)
- Phabricator — a collection of web apps which contains bug tracker, kanban board, wiki, chat and everything you need to build software. (GitHub)
- Planka — Kanban board which looks and feels exactly like Trello. (GitHub)
🛰 Deploy your own
GPS tracking system
- OwnTracks — lightweight program for storing and accessing location data published via MQTT or HTTP by the OwnTracks apps.
- µlogger server — web application for real-time collection of geolocation data, tracks viewing and management.
💳 Deploy your own
Personal finance tracker
- Firefly III — financial manager to help you keep track of expenses, income, budgets and everything in between. (GitHub)
- Ledger — plain text double-entry accounting with 3rd party UI like Prudent. Entry point to plain text accounting
- Beancount — plain text double-entry accounting with 3rd party web UI like Fava
🏠 Deploy your own
- Home Asisstant — home automation hub which can be deployed on Raspberry Pi (GitHub)
- OpenHAB — vendor-neutral, hardware/protocol-agnostic home automation hub (GitHub)
- Home Bridge — lightweight server that emulates the iOS HomeKit API so you can work with smart home devices that do not support the HomeKit protocol. (GitHub)
🌀 Deploy your own
- n8n — node-based Workflow Automation Tool with visual editor. (GitHub)
- Beehive — a flexible event/agent & automation system made with Go.
- Huginn — system for building agents that perform automated tasks for you online. Written in Ruby.
- Kibitzr — tiny server to notify about (almost) anything in the web. (GitHub)
🔐 Deploy your own
Google Authenticator (2FA, OTP)
🎙 Deploy your own
- Lightspeed — a self-contained OBS → FTL → WebRTC live streaming server.
🐳 Deploy your own
Container Management System
- Portainer — container management tool. It allows anyone to deploy and manage containers without the need to write code. (GitHub)
- Yacht — a web interface for managing docker containers with an emphasis on templating to provide 1 click deployments.
Totally worth to check:
Cover art attributed to KADA★BURA