0.10.2 is Atmosphère's twenty-fifth official release.
fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.10.2.
The following was changed since the last release:
- hbl configuration was made more flexible.
- Up to eight specific program ids can now be specified to have their own override keys.
- This allows designating both the album applet and a specific game as hbl by default as desired.
- Configuration targeting a specific program is now mutually exclusive with override-any-app for that program.
- This fixes unintuitive behavior when override key differed for an application specific program.
- Loader's external content fileystem support was fixed (thanks @misson20000!).
- KernelLdr was reimplemented.
- This is the first step towards developing mesosphere, Atmosphere's planned reimplementation of the Switch's Kernel.
- The typical user won't notice anything different, as there are no extensions, but a lot of groundwork was laid for future development.
- Improvements were made to the way Atmosphere's buildsystem detects source code files.
- This significantly reduces compilation time (saving >30 seconds) on the machine that builds official releases.
- Certain device code was cleaned up and made more correct in fusee/sept/exosphere (thanks @hexkyz!).
- A number of changes were made to the way fs.mitm builds images when providing a layeredfs romfs.
- Some games (Resident Evil 6, Football Manager 2020 Touch, possibly others) have enormous numbers of files.
- Attempting to create a layeredfs mod for these games actually caused fs.mitm to run out of memory, causing a fatal error.
- The code that creates these images was changed to be significantly more memory efficient.
- However, these changes also cause a significant slowdown in the romfs building code (~2-5x).
- This introduced a noticeable stutter when launching a game, because the UI thread would block on the romfs creation.
- To solve this, fs.mitm now lazily initializes the image in a background thread.
- This fixes stutter issues, however some games may be slightly slower (~1-2s in the worst cases) to transition from the "loading" GIF to gameplay now.
- Please note: the slowdown is not noticeable in the common case where games don't have tons of files (typical is ~0.1-0.2 seconds).
- Once the image has been built, there is no further speed penalty at runtime -- only when the game is launched.
- A number of other bugs were fixed, including:
- Several minor logic inversions that could have caused fatal errors when modding games.
- Atmosphere's new-ipc code did not handle "automatic" recvlist buffers correctly, so some non-libnx homebrew could crash.
- fs.mitm now correctly mitms sdb, which makes redirection of certain system data archives work again.
- In 0.10.0/0.10.1, changing the system font/language did not work correctly due to this.
- A bug was fixed in process cleanup that caused the system to hang on < 5.0.0.
- The temporary hid-mitm added in Atmosphere 0.9.0 was disabled by default.
- Please ensure your homebrew is updated.
- For now, users may re-enable this mitm by use of a custom setting (
atmosphere!enable_deprecated_hid_mitm) to ease the transition process some.
- As usual, edit the
/atmosphere/config/system_settings.iniif you wish to do so.
- As usual, edit the
- Please note: support for this setting may be removed to save memory in a future atmosphere release.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 0.10.0, please see the official release notes.