Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release implements two new ACE features and brings minor improvements.
- New in ACE 6.7: Support for the exponentiation operator ^ in arithmetical expressions,
e.g. "2^3^4", which is parsed as (2^3)^4.
- New in ACE 6.7: Support for how many/how much queries, which ask for numbers of
countable nouns or for amounts of mass or measurement nouns,
e.g. "How many beaches have how much sand?"
- APE can now translate ACE texts into the RuleML format.
- The coverage of the ACE-to-OWL translator has been improved.
- The dependencies of the Java Interface for APE on external libraries are now managed using Maven.
- The large Clex lexicon (~100,000 entries) was migrated to a separate repository Attempto/Clex.
As before, the APE source distribution contains a reduced (~2000 entries) version of this lexicon.
This is a bugfix release that brings minor changes and updates:
- ACE to DRS translation:
- fixed: sentences like "For every woman of who everybody waits." now correctly fail
- fixed: a bug that in rare cases generated a DRS with duplicate referents
- fixed: duplicate DRS conditions are now always suppressed
- fixed: misguiding error message for imperatives
- deprecated: the construct "the ... of which/who"
- DRS to FOL translation:
- fixed: disjunctions related by anaphoric references (e.g. the DRS of "A man sleeps or the man waits.") are now correctly mapped to FOL
- DRS to ACE translation:
- improved: handling of disjuntions, e.g. "Every dog barks or a cat sleeps." is now paraphrased as "A cat sleeps or if there is a dog X1 then the dog X1 barks."
- restored: support for 0, e.g. "There are 0 men."
- DRS to OWL/SWRL translation:
- the pretty-printed output (owlfsspp) now conforms to the OWL Functional-Style Syntax (and can be parsed by the OWL-API)
- avoid including redundant owl:Thing in intersections
- now supported: the DRS of "John does not see what?"
- fixed: sentences like "There is X. If X is a fireman then X is a man." now map to OWL (instead of SWRL as before)
- improved: the SWRL-mapping now supports formula/3 with =<, >=, =
- fixed: "Peter owns 3 kg of apples." now correctly fails
- Attempto Java Packages:
- updated the Apache HTTP libraries to httpcore-4.1.1.jar and httpclient-4.1.1.jar
- removed the OWL Verbalizer Webservice interface, this is now available at owlverbalizer.googlecode.com
- updated enum OutputType: removed OWLRDF, added TPTP
- The APE regression test set (~3500 small ACE texts with their corresponding DRSs) is now included (see ape/acetext_drs.pl)
- Several improvements to the documentation of ACE, DRS and the APE source code.