v1.0 Fretboard generator for guitarbuilders in Fusion360
PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS FILE, IT'S GOING TO BE OVERWRITEN ON EACH UPGRADE
This Addin for Fusion360 is meant for making fretboards for guitars. The plugin draws a fretboard with fretlines. You can enter the scale of the fretboard; it wil draw the whole board including the frets. It also draws the line for the tremolo-part so you know what (when slanted) the exact direction of the trem is.
The plugin also draws a construction centre line. The whole fretboard is drawn on the centre of the x-axis. You can use this generator as a base for you guitardesign, as it draws a centre construction line. Also by selecting the whole fretboard and extruding it, you have the basis for a neck and fretboard.
If you like this plugin and/or have suggestions for improvements, you're welcome to let me know. Have fun drawing!
Copy all files to your addins folder of Fusion360
Locate the plugin in the addin-panel of Fusion360 and press RUN. The plugin will stay resident in the addinpanel as long as its running.
- Scale high - holds the scale for normal scales.
- Slanted - will reveal the options for slanted fretboards
- Scale low - holds the scale for slanted fretboards
- Centre fret - holds the fretnumber which will be the centre of the slanted board
- Number of frets - the amount of frets the boards will have (max 36)
- Width - the width of the fret board
- Show dots - will reveal and draw the positiondots
- Diameter - the diameters of the dots
- Draws a scale construction line in the centre of the fretboard
- Draws a line to indicate centre and direction of bridge/tremolo
This was developed on a Mac running Fusion360 and Spyder2
Use realistic numbers; negative numbers or insane big numbers do not guarantee a normal result.
The software is made available "AS IS". It seems quite stable, but it is in an early stage of development. Hence there should be plenty of bugs not yet spotted.