Getting Started with Ionic
This is a base repository for getting started with the Ionic framework.
The project will build a small interactive chat application using Firebase that will allow users to chat in real time.
Open a command prompt to the directory you cloned this repository to and type
vagrant up to load the vagrant box for
vagrant ssh to load up a command prompt to the machine with the entire stack already installed.
Preview the Project
While ssh'd into your vagrant machine, go to the directory
/vagrant/ChatApp and type
Then, open a browser window to http://localhost:8100/ and this should show the Ionic project as you're working on it!
Things we are covering in this project
- Angular JS Basics
- Basic Ionic Components
- Installing an APK on an Android device
- Add validation so we don't send blank data to the server.
- Add Emoji support
- Make the app show a gravatar image if the name is an e-mail address
- Just check for something simple like the existence of @ and . in the name.
- Alter the firebase service to store and retrieve a timestamp for messages