Contribute To Auto Load Next Post
Community made patches, bug reports and contributions are always welcome and are crucial.
When contributing please ensure you follow the guidelines below so that I can keep on top of things.
Please Note: GitHub is for bug reports and contributions only - if you have a support question or a request for a customization this is not the right place to post it. Use WordPress.org for community support.
If you need help setting up the plugin I do offer theme support.
Contributing to Auto Load Next Post
Reporting issues is a great way to became a contributor as it doesn't require technical skills. In fact you don't even need to know a programming language or to be able to check the code itself, you just need to make sure that everything works as expected and submit an issue report if you spot a bug. Sound like something you're up for? Go for it!
How To Submit An Issue Report
If something isn't working, congratulations you've found a bug! Help me fix it by submitting an issue report:
- Make sure you have a GitHub account
- Search the Existing Issues to be sure that the one you've noticed isn't already there.
- Submit a report for your issue by:
- Clearly describing the issue (including steps to reproduce it if it's a bug).
- Make sure you fill in the earliest version that you know has the issue.
If you think something could be improved and you're able to do so, make your changes and submit a Pull Request. I'll be pleased to get it :)
How to submit a PR
- Fork the repository on GitHub.
- Make the changes to your forked repository.
- Ensure you stick to the WordPress Coding Standards.
- Ensure you use LF line endings - no crazy Windows line endings. :)
- When committing, reference your issue (#1234) and include a note about the fix.
- Push the changes to your fork and submit a pull request to the 'master' branch of the Auto Load Next Post repository. Existing maintained branches will be maintained by Sébastien Dumont.
- Please don't modify the changelog - this will be maintained by Sébastien Dumont.
- Please don't add your localizations or update the .pot files - this will be maintained by Sébastien Dumont. To contribute to the localization of Auto Load Next Post, please join the translate.wordpress.org project. This is much needed, if you speak a language that needs translating consider yourself officially invited to the party.
After you follow the steps above, the next stage will be waiting on me to merge your Pull Request. I review them all, and make suggestions and changes as and if necessary.