Design Automation API Basic Sample
(Formely AutoCAD I/O)
This is the simplest C# client that uses the predefined PlotToPDF activity. It is the sample for the tutorial of design automation API.
Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015.
- Restore the packages of the project by NuGet. The simplest way is
- VS2012: Projects tab >> Enable NuGet Package Restore. Then right click the project>>"Manage NuGet Packages for Solution" >> "Restore" (top right of dialog)
- VS2013/VS2015: right click the project>>"Manage NuGet Packages for Solution" >> "Restore" (top right of dialog)
- Apply credencials of Design Automation API from https://developer.autodesk.com/. Put your consumer key and secret key in program.cs
- Run project, you will see a status in the console:
- if everything works well, the result file (pdf) and the report files will be downloaded at MyDocuments.
- if there is any error with the process, check the report file what error is indicated.
Please refer to Design Automation API v2 API documentation.
Please post your question at our Forge Support Portal.
Jonathan Miao & Albert Szilvasy