Photo to 3D (photogrammetry) sample
This sample illustrates the Forge Reality Capture API's photogrammetry workflow:
- Create a photo scene
- Add photos to a scene
- Generate a 3D mesh model
- Obtain a download link for the model
- Forge Account: Learn how to create a Forge Account, activate subscription and create an app at this tutorial;
- Visual Studio Code or any other code editor.
For using this sample, you need an Autodesk developer credentials. Visit the Forge Developer Portal, sign up for an account, then create an app. For this new app, use
https://localhost:3000/api/forge/callback/oauth as Callback URL. Finally take note of the Client ID and Client Secret.
For localhost testing:
- FORGE_CLIENT_ID and set it to above-mentioned Client ID
- FORGE_CLIENT_SECRET and set it to above-mentioned Client Secret
- FORGE_CALLBACK_URL and set it to
Clone this project or download it. It's recommended to install GitHub desktop. To clone it via command line, use the following (Terminal on MacOSX/Linux, Git Shell on Windows):
git clone https://github.com/Autodesk-Forge/reality.capture-nodejs-photo.to.3d.git
Using the command line, go into newly created
reality.capture-nodejs-photo.to.3dfolder (make sure sure that the current directory contains
package.json) and type:
to install all the dependencies.
Using the command line, type
to start the local server
Open a browser and navigate to:
To deploy this application to Heroku, the Callback URL for Forge must use your
.herokuapp.com address. After clicking on the button below, at the Heroku Create New App page, set your Client ID, Secret and Callback URL for Forge.
Eugene Chua firstname.lastname@example.org