v0.2.1 IO Tests
Instructions for Submitting Code to IO Tests
Create a new user
Create new project on Gitlab server:
- Login on https://autolab.bits-goa.ac.in with your credentials created in step 1.
- Create a private repo (new project) with the name being exactly given on autolab website. Let us say the name to be lab1.
Create your work space for coding on your local machine
- Open a terminal and execute the following three commands. Replace your username and email id in the commands.
git config --global user.name "2012A7PS0001G" git config --global user.email "email@example.com" export GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1
- Clone the repo from git server to your local machine.
git clone https://2012A7PS0001G@autolab.bits-goa.ac.in/2012A7PS001G/lab1.git
The command will clone an empty git repository called lab1 in your present working directory. You need to place all your code in lab1 directory.
- Code and save! Autolab supports multiple languages and expects the code to be put in the correct language-specific directory. For example if you are choosing c language, then create directory named “c” in "lab1" and store your file in that directory. The file name of your program should also have appropriate extension. For example, it can be somename.c. The required directory structure for other languages is given below.
Programming Language Directory / Folder C language c/ C++ 2011 language cpp/ C++ 2014 language cpp14/ Java language java/ Python2 language python2/ Python3 language python3/
Please see a sample repository structure for io_tests.
Adhere to Input-Output Formats
In IO tests, your program will be evaluated based on the answer your program generates against the test inputs. The program is expected to read input from standard input and print the answer to standard output. It is important to read the input correctly and generate the output in expected format. Otherwise, the test is deemed a failure.
Upload your code on Gitlab server
- Stage and commit the latest files by executing the following commands in your terminal.
git add * git commit -m 'code commit message' git push -u origin master
Evaluate of your code submission
- Go to the Main server(https://autolab.bits-goa.ac.in:9000) and click on submit for lab1.
- Enter your BITS ID (2012A7PS0001G), leave the commit hash row blank, choose the correct language and click submit.
- See your score and the evaluation log. If necessary debug your code in the local machine, push it to the gitlab server and evaluate it again. If there are multiple attempts, the maximum score will be considered for grading.