WP Job Manager
Contributors: mikejolley, automattic, adamkheckler, annezazu, cena, chaselivingston, csonnek, davor.altman, drawmyface, erania-pinnera, jacobshere, jakeom, jeherve, jenhooks, jgs, jonryan, kraftbj, lamdayap, lschuyler, macmanx, nancythanki, orangesareorange, rachelsquirrel, ryancowles, richardmtl, scarstocea
Tags: job manager, job listing, job board, job management, job lists, job list, job, jobs, company, hiring, employment, employer, employees, candidate, freelance, internship, job listings, positions, board, application, hiring, listing, manager, recruiting, recruitment, talent
Requires at least: 4.3.1
Tested up to: 4.8
Stable tag: 1.28.0
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Manage job listings from the WordPress admin panel, and allow users to post job listings directly to your site.
WP Job Manager is a lightweight job listing plugin for adding job-board like functionality to your WordPress site. Being shortcode based, it can work with any theme (given a bit of CSS styling) and is really simple to setup.
- Add, manage, and categorize job listings using the familiar WordPress UI.
- Searchable & filterable ajax powered job listings added to your pages via shortcodes.
- Frontend forms for guests and registered users to submit & manage job listings.
- Allow job listers to preview their listing before it goes live. The preview matches the appearance of a live job listing.
- Each listing can be tied to an email or website address so that job seekers can apply to the jobs.
- Searches also display RSS links to allow job seekers to be alerted to new jobs matching their search.
- Allow logged in employers to view, edit, mark filled, or delete their active job listings.
- Developer friendly code — Custom Post Types, endpoints & template files.
The plugin comes with several shortcodes to output jobs in various formats, and since its built with Custom Post Types you are free to extend it further through themes.
Documentation for the core plugin and add-ons can be found on the docs site here. Please take a look before requesting support because it covers all frequently asked questions!
The core WP Job Manager plugin is free and always will be. It covers all functionality we consider 'core' to running a simple job board site.
Additional, advanced functionality is available through add-ons. Not only do these extend the usefulness of the core plugin, they also help fund the development and support of core.
You can browse available add-ons after installing the plugin by going to
Job Listings > Add-ons. Our popular add-ons include:
Allow candidates to apply to jobs using a form & employers to view and manage the applications from their job dashboard.
Paid listing functionality powered by WooCommerce. Create custom job packages which can be purchased or redeemed during job submission. Requires the WooCommerce plugin.
Resume Manager is a plugin built on top of WP Job Manager which adds a resume submission form to your site and resume listings, all manageable from WordPress admin.
Allow registered users to save their job searches and create alerts which send new jobs via email daily, weekly or fortnightly.
You can get the above add-ons and several others at discount with our Core Add-on Bundle. Take a look!
Contributing and reporting bugs
You can contribute code to this plugin via GitHub: https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager and localizations via https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/wp-job-manager
Thanks to all of our contributors.
Use the WordPress.org forums for community support where we try to help all users. If you spot a bug, you can log it (or fix it) on Github where we can act upon them more efficiently.
If you need help with one of our add-ons, please raise a ticket in our help desk.
If you want help with a customization, please consider hiring a developer! http://jobs.wordpress.net/ is a good place to start.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don't even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type "WP Job Manager" and click Search Plugins. Once you've found the plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by clicking Install Now.
The manual installation method involves downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation's
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
- Create a page called "jobs" and inside place the
[jobs]shortcode. This will list your jobs.
- Create a page called "submit job" and inside place the
[submit_job_form]shortcode if you want front-end submissions.
- Create a page called "job dashboard" and inside place the
[job_dashboard]shortcode for logged in users to manage their listings.
Note when using shortcodes, if the content looks blown up/spaced out/poorly styled, edit your page and above the visual editor click on the 'text' tab. Then remove any 'pre' or 'code' tags wrapping your shortcode.
For more information, read the documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I setup WP Job Manager?
Can I use WP Job Manager without frontend job submission?
Yes! If you don't setup the [submit_job_form] shortcode, you can just post from the admin backend.
How can I customize the job application process?
There are several ways to customize the job application process in WP Job Manager, including using some extra plugins (some are free on Wordpress.org).
How can I customize the job submission form?
There are three ways to customize the fields in WP Job Manager;
- For simple text changes, using a localisation file or a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/
- For field changes, or adding new fields, using functions/filters inside your theme's functions.php file: https://wpjobmanager.com/document/editing-job-submission-fields/
- Use a 3rd party plugin such as https://plugins.smyl.es/wp-job-manager-field-editor/ which has a UI for field editing.
If you'd like to learn about WordPress filters, here is a great place to start: https://pippinsplugins.com/a-quick-introduction-to-using-filters/
How can I be notified of new jobs via email?
If you wish to be notified of new postings on your site you can use a plugin such as Post Status Notifier.
What language files are available?
You can view (and contribute) translations via the translate.wordpress.org.
- The submit job form.
- Submit job preview.
- A single job listing.
- Job dashboard.
- Job listings and filters.
- Job listings in admin.
- Enhancement: Improves support for Google Job Search by adding
JobPostingstructured data. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1115)
- Enhancement: Adds ability for job types to be mapped to an employment type as defined for Google Job Search. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1112)
- Enhancement: Requests search engines no longer index expired and filled job listings. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1120)
- Enhancement: Improves support with third-party sitemap generation in Jetpack, Yoast SEO, and All in One SEO. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1119)
- Enhancement: Updated descriptions and help text on settings page. (@donnapep; Props to @michelleweber for updated copy; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1107)
- Enhancement: Lower cache expiration times across plugin and limit use of autoloaded cache transients. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1101/files)
- Fix: Localization issue with WPML in the [jobs] shortcode. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1129)
- Fix: Show job listings' published date in localized format. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1118)
- Fix: Job submission form allows users to select multiple job types when they go back a step. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1099)
- Fix: Some themes that overloaded functions would break in previous release. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1104)
- Dev: Adds versions to template files so it is easier to tell when they are updated. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1116)
- Dev: Adds a new
wpjm_notify_new_useraction that allows you to override default behavior. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1125)
- Dev: Early version of REST API is bundled but disabled by default. Requires PHP 5.3+ and
WPJM_REST_API_ENABLEDconstant must be set to true. Do not use in production; endpoints may change. (@pkg)
- Enhancement: Admins can now allow users to specify an account password when posting their first job listing. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1063)
- Enhancement: Pending job listing counts are now cached for improved WP Admin performance. (@tripflex; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1024)
- Enhancement: Allows users to override permalink slugs in WP Admin's Permalink Settings screen. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1042)
- Enhancement: Allows admins to perform bulk updating of jobs as filled/not filled. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1049)
- Enhancement: Adds job listing status CSS classes on single job listings. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1041)
- Enhancement: Adds
wpjm_the_job_titlefilter for inserting non-escaped HTML alongside job titles in templates. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1033)
- Enhancement: Allows admins to filter by
[jobs]shortcode. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1051)
- Enhancement: Allows accessing settings tab from hash in URL. (@tripflex; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/999)
- Fix: Make sure cron jobs for checking/cleaning expired listings are always in place. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1058)
- Fix: Better handling of multiple job types. (@spencerfinnell; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1014)
- Fix: Issue with deleting company logos from job listings submission form. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1047)
- Fix: Warning thrown on job submission form when user not logged in. (@piersb; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1011)
- Fix: Issue with WPML not syncing some meta fields. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1027)
- Fix: Better handling of AJAX upload errors. (@tripflex; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1044)
- Fix: Remove job posting cookies on logout. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1065)
- Fix: Expiration date can be cleared if default job duration option is empty. (@spencerfinnell; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1076)
- Fix: Issue with Safari and expiration datepicker. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1078)
- Fix: Prevents use of Ajax file upload endpoint for visitors who aren't logged in. Themes should check with
job_manager_user_can_upload_file_via_ajax()if using endpoint in templates. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1020)
- Fix: Escape post title in WP Admin's Job Listings page and template segments. (Props to @EhsanCod3r; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1026)
- Enhancement: Add language using WordPress's current locale to geocode requests. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1007)
- Fix: Allow attempts to use Google Maps Geocode API without an API key. (@spencerfinnell; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/998)
- Fix: Issue affecting job expiry date when editing a job listing. (@spencerfinnell, @jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1008)
- Fix: Show correct total count of results on
[jobs]shortcode. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/1006)
- Enhancement: Warn the user if they're editing an existing job. (@donnchawp; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/847)
- Enhancement: WP Admin Job Listing page's table is now responsive. (@turtlepod; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/906)
- Enhancement: New setting for hiding expired listings from
[jobs]filter. (@turtlepod; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/903)
- Enhancement: Use WP Query's built in search function to improve searching in
[jobs]. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/960)
- Fix: Job Listing filter only searches meta fields with relevant content. Add custom fields with
job_listing_searchable_meta_keysfilter. (@turtlepod; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/910)
- Fix: Improved support for WPML and Polylang. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/963)
- Fix: Expired field no longer forces admins to choose a date in the future. (@turtlepod; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/903)
- Fix: Listings with expiration date in past will immediately expire; moving to Active status will extend if necessary. (@turtlepod, @jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/903, https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/975)
- Fix: Google Maps API key setting added to fix geolocation retrieval on new sites. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/912)
- Fix: Issue when duplicating a job listing with a field for multiple file uploads. (@turtlepod; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/911)
- Fix: Hide page results when adding links in the
[submit_job_form]shortcode. (@jom; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/922)
- Fix: Job feed now loads when a site has no posts. (@dbtlr; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/870)
- Fix: No error is thrown when deleting a user. (@tripflex; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/875)
- Dev: Plugins and themes can now retrieve JSON of Job Listings results without HTML. (@spencerfinnell; https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/888)
- Dev: Updated inline documentation.
- Enhancement: Allow job types to be optional, just like categories. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/789 Props Donncha.
- Enhancement: Add get_job_listing_types filter. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/824 Props Adam Heckler.
- Enhancement: Various date format setting improvements. See https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/757 Props Christian Nolen.
- Enhancement: Pass search values with the job_manager_get_listings_custom_filter_text filter. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/845 Props Kraft.
- Fix: Prevent a potential CSRF vector. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/891 Props Jay Patel for the responsible disclosure.
- Fix: Improve load time by removing unnecessary oEmbed call. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/768 Props Myles McNamara.
- Fix: Improve WPML compatibility. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/787 Props Spencer Finnell.
- Fix: Add an implicit whitelist for API requests. https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/855 Props muddletoes.
- Fix: Fixed taxonomy search conditions. See https://github.com/automattic/wp-job-manager/pull/859/ Props Jonas Vogel.
- Fix - The date format of the expiry date picker was incorrect in translations so we added a comment to clarify, and fixed translations. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/697)
- Fix - Changing the date of an expired job would forget the date, even though the job would become active. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/653)
- Fix - Site owner can allow jobs to have only one or more than one types. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/549)
- Fix - Show expired jobs if that setting is enabled. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/703)
- Fix - Simplify the search message on the jobs page to avoid translation problems. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/647)
- Fix - The uploader would ignore WordPress created image sizes. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/706)
- Fix - setup.css was loaded on all admin pages. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/728)
- Fix - The preview of a listing could be edited or viewed by anyone. Props @tripflex (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/690)
- Fix - When users were deleted their jobs weren't. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/675)
- Fix - OrderBy Rand wasn't working. (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/issues/714)
- Dev - Add upload filters and update PHPDocs, props @tripflex (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/747)
- Fix - Stop using jQuery.live, props @tripflex (https://github.com/Automattic/WP-Job-Manager/pull/664)
See additional changelog items in changelog.txt
Make job types optional! Date format improvements! Update today!