The Music theme is an exploration of how Gutenberg can transform theme design and development. It is intended as a work in progress, at least until v1 of the new editor (and maybe beyond).
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Music is an experimental Gutenberg-powered theme. It's based on design mockups shared in a blog post on Themeshaper.
A demo is available at https://musictheme.mystagingwebsite.com
- If it is not already installed, you'll need the Gutenberg plugin on your site. In your admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New. Search for "Gutenberg" to install and activate.
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload and Choose File, then select the Music theme's .zip file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
How do I change the default page header colors?
In the page editor, you can change the page header color by selecting a color template from the Post/Page Attributes section of Document Settings:
Alternatively, you may select the "Hide Page Header" template to hide the post header altogether, and use a full-width cover image block as your page header instead.
How do I change the background color for cover image blocks?
The default background color for cover image blocks is pink, but there are a few color variations available. To use them, open the block settings and enter one of the following colors into the "Additional CSS Class" field:
- Based on Underscores http://underscores.me/, (C) 2012-2018 Automattic, Inc., GPLv2 or later
- Initially forked from https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg-starter-theme, GPLv2 or later
- normalize.css http://necolas.github.io/normalize.css/, (C) 2012-2018 Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal, MIT
- Sort Mill Goudy, (C) Barry Schwartz. SIL Open Font License, 1.1