Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
##Importing function definitions##
To import definitions from this database just open the AviSynth function definition dialog (Options menu) and select Import -> Import from wiki. The list of available functions will appear, with already customized by the user function definitions in red. You can use the contextual menu to select all/none.
##Contributing to the database##
To simplify writing a new function definition put the plugin or avsi file on the autoload directory and make sure that the include autoloaded functions from plugins/avsi options are checked (Options menu -> Program Settings -> Autocomplete). That way in many cases you'll only have to add or revise the default values on its entry on the AviSynth function definition dialog. This is the syntax:
FunctionName( clip, int a, bool b=true, int "c"=10 (0 to 30), [string "d"], )
This definition will produce
FunctionName(?, true, c=10) on autocomplete, while the calltip will show all five possible arguments.
- In the case of plugin functions the function name must be preceded by the plugin, e.g. TDecimate from TIVTC.dll -> TIVTC_TDecimate.
- Each parameter must be on its own line, ending with a comma, in the form
type var_name=default (slider info). Everything but type is optional but it's encouraged to make it as complete as possible.
- Optional parameters must have its name surrounded by double quotes.
- To make an optional parameter don't appear on the autogenerated autocomplete string, enclose the whole line except the final comma in square brackets. This can have multiple uses:
- Parameters without a default value.
- Parameters whose default value depends on another, e.g. a preset.
- Parameters unique to a mod.
- Parameters rarely used for filters with a huge number of them.
- For adding the slider info use the define sliders option. Guessed max/min limits are better than not slider info at all. In the case of filename strings you can insert the accepted extensions in 'value list', e.g.
- Color parameters (int) should have their default value start with $ and not slider info.
- If a function accepts an undefined number of arguments of the same type, this can be signaled by adding a [, ...], e.g.
clip [, ...],