Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
No description, website, or topics provided.
Fetching latest commit…
Cannot retrieve the latest commit at this time.
Background and Overview
Architecture and Technologies
- Chili Dog is a simple game to play, the player can move up or down to dodge obstacles coming from the right of the screen.
- The levels will increase speed and frequency of obstacles.
- This game is inspired by the popular app Flappy Bird, but game play is more generally arcade inspired.
- The game is simple, yet difficult and is centered around a classic pairing, our dogs and their passion for food.
- In honor of the chili dog I will style the game with classic baseball throwback jerseys in mind.
- It will feature Chunky cursive fonts and large colorful boarders.
Functionality and MVP Features
- HTML5 Canvas for rendering
- Howler.js (or HTML audio player) for game background music
- Web Audio API for sound generation, processing and control
- Webpack to bundle various scripts into a single source
- MongoDB & Express for handling leaderboard
- Users can press up and down arrow keys to move along a vertical axis.
- Obstacles will be generated at the right of the frame and move towards the left.
- The user loses when an obstacle is encountered.
- Each level will have a speed and obstable frequencies, as well as durations.
- Control for selecting avatar
- Collisions play a sound
- A play button will be available in the control panel, as well as a sound toggle.
- After pressing play the game starts and text appears on the screen with instruction sliding out.
- A couple seconds later the first obstacles appear and slide to the left of the screen.
- When a player loses the character will spin and a game over message will appear.
- When a level is passed a hotdog stand will slide in from the left and the user will receive a chili dog.
In Game Play