MyPictures is a ASP.NET Web API sample application for exposing Pictures in Blob storage. It also has a simple web interface to consume the services.
Running the Sample Locally
- Start the Windows Azure Storage Emulator.
- Open Visual Studio 2012.
- Compile the solution. The NuGet packages dependencies will be automatically downloaded and installed.
- Set the MyPictures.Web as startup project and press F5.
Running the Sample in Windows Azure
- To run this sample on the cloud you need a Windows Azure Subscription. If you don't have a Windows Azure account, you can sign up for a free trial here.
- This sample requires a storage account for storing pictures and tags. When running the sample on the cloud you need to make the sample work against a cloud storage account.
- Open Web.config from the MyPictures.Web project. Replace the placeholder in the (WAZStorageAccount) appSetting value for the storage account with the values obtained previously from Windows Azure's portal.
A set of detailed instructions on how to set up the sample can be accessed on the sample's GitHub.com repository page.
MSDN Samples Site
WPF test/demo client
This WPF sample test client demonstrates posting to the the web api. Upon receiving the resource location from a successful post a Qr Code is generated representing the URL to the resource as well as displaying the posted image.