Azure Sentinel Notebooks
Jupyter notebooks are an interactive development and data analysis environment hosted in a browser. The open API supported by Azure Sentinel allows you to use Jupyter notebooks to query, transform, analyze and visualize Azure Sentinel data. This makes notebooks a powerful addition to Azure Sentinel and is especially well-suited to ad-hoc investigations, hunting or customized workflows.
More information on getting started with Azure Sentinel and Azure Notebooks
This repository contains notebooks contributed by Microsoft and the community to assist hunting and investigation tasks in Azure Sentinel.
The notebooks are mostly one of three types:
- Exploration notebooks. These are meant to be used as they are or with your own customizations to explore specific hunting and investigation scenarios. Examples of this type include the Entity explorer series. (“Entity” refers to items such as hosts, IP addresses, accounts, URLs, etc.)
- Simple How-To notebooks like the Get Started notebook.
- Sample notebooks. These are longer and are meant to be instructional examples following a real or simulated hunt or investigation.
- Read the Get Started notebook.
- Run a demonstration notebook in
- Read more about the use of Jupter notebooks in Azure Sentinel on the Azure Sentinel Technical Community blog
- Read more about the Azure Notebooks Service.
- View sample notebooks in the Sample-Notebooks folder
- View How-tos and Troubleshooting in the HowTos folder
For questions or feedback, please contact AzureSentinel@microsoft.com
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.opensource.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., status check, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.