Azure Stack Development Kit Version
These tools are meant for use with Azure Stack Development Kit. Azure Stack Technical Preview 3 Refresh users can still use the tools in the TP3-Refresh.
Tools for using Azure and Azure Stack
To use these tools, obtain Azure Stack compatible Azure PowerShell module. Unless you've installed from other sources, one way to do it is to obtain from public package repositories as follows. Note that both of these could still be used to operate against Azure as well as Azure Stack, but may lack some of the latest Azure features.
For PowerShell, install the following:
Install-Module -Name 'AzureRm.Bootstrapper' Install-AzureRmProfile -profile '2017-03-09-profile' -Force Install-Module -Name AzureStack -RequiredVersion 1.2.11
Obtain the tools by cloning the git repository.
git clone https://github.com/Azure/AzureStack-Tools.git --recursive cd AzureStack-Tools
Otherwise download the tools as follows:
invoke-webrequest https://github.com/Azure/AzureStack-Tools/archive/master.zip -OutFile master.zip expand-archive master.zip -DestinationPath . -Force cd AzureStack-Tools-master
Instructions below are relative to the root of the repo.
Constrains Azure subscription to the capabilities available in the Azure Stack.
- Apply Azure Stack policy to Azure subscriptions and resource groups
Helps prepare for Azure Stack deployment.
- Prepare to Deploy (boot from VHD)
- Prepare to Redeploy (boot back to original/base OS)
Connect to an Azure Stack instance from your personal computer/laptop.
- Connect via VPN to an Azure Stack installation
Create and manage identity related objects and configurations for Azure Stack
- Create Service Principals in a disconnected topology
Manage plans and subscriptions in Azure Stack.
- Add default (unlimited) plans and quotas so that tenants can create new subscriptions
Manage compute (VM) service in Azure Stack.
- Add VM Image to the Azure Stack Marketplace
Manage Azure Stack Infrastructure
- Get Infrastructure Roles
- Get Infrastructure Role Instances
- Start Infrastructure Role Instance
- Stop Infrastructure Role Instance
- Restart Infrastructure Role Instance
- Get Storage Capacity
- Get Storage Shares
- Get Scale Unit
- Get Scale Unit Node
- Get Gateway Pool
- Get Gateway
- Get SLB MUX
- Get IP Pool
- Add IP Pool
- Get MAC Address Pool
- Get Logical network
- Get Alert
- Close Alert
- Get Update Region Summary
- Get Update
- Apply Update
- Get Update run
Validate Azure ARM Template Capabilities
- resources - Types, Location, Apiversion
- Compute Capabilities - extensions, images, sizes
- Storage Capabilities - skus