Main things in this release are called out below.
- Enabling function timeouts (#18)
- Default execution timeout of 5 minutes is enforced. If a function runs longer than that it will be terminated.
- timeout is only enforced on Dynamic SKUs
- timeout can be configured via
- Imposing some naming restrictions on function names + binding names (#15). See Renaming a Function for instructions on renaming if you have a name that doesn't match the new rules.
- Support for function return bindings (#675)
- naming an output binding $return maps it to the function return value
- for C#/F#/Node, this allows simpler, more idiomatic code to be written (i.e. no
- Allow Node.js functions to return Promises (#158)
- Moved to Node.js version 6.5.0
- EventHub Consumer group fix (#570)
- Binding fixes for ManualTrigger (#628)
- lots of additional bug fixes