Samples for the Azure IoT service SDK for C
This folder contains simple samples showing how to use the various features of the Microsoft Azure IoT Hub service from a back-end application running C code.
List of samples
Simple send of Cloud to Device messages:
- iothub_messaging_sample: send Cloud to Device message and monitor feedback
- iothub_messaging_ll_sample: send Cloud to Device message and monitor feedback using lower layer API of the SDK
- iothub_registrymanager_sample: Shows how to use CRUD operations on the device registry
Device services samples (Device Twins, Methods, and Device Management):
- iothub_deviceconfiguration_sample: Shows how to work with device Configurations in a back-end application
- iothub_devicemethod_sample: Shows how to invoke a Cloud to Device direct Method from a back-end application
- iothub_devicetwin_sample: Shows how to work with device Twins in a back-end application
How to compile and run the samples
Prior to running the samples, you will need to have an instance of Azure IoT Hub available.
This documents describes in details how to prepare you development environment as well as how to run the samples on Linux, Windows or other platforms.