Logic app that sends a text message when an alert fires
This template allows you to create a Logic app that has a webhook to be used from an Azure Alert. When the Alert is triggered, it will send you a text message with the details of the alert. It uses the go.gl URL shortening service to include a link to the portal to see the resource.
This template uses the Twilio service to send the text message. If you don't have an account yet, you can sign up for a free trial in just one minute.
Once you have signed up for the free trial, you'll need to verify the phone number that you want to send the alerts to.
Next, you will need to copy-and-paste the AccountSID and the AuthToken from the settings page into your template. Finally, you need to copy-and-paste your Twilio account phone number into the template as well. When you get the text message, this is the phone number it will appear From.
Call from your Alerts
To call this whenever your Alert fires, you need to paste in the webhook URI into the alert:
- Once the template has completed, navigate to the resource group you deployed it to.
- In the Essentials click on the Last deployment link.
- Select the top deployment.
- This should show you the Outputs for the deployment. Copy the output called WebHookURI.
- Navigate to the alert you want to trigger the Logic app and select Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom and paste in the WebHook.
- Click save.