HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Preview release of the Windows Azure Management Libraries for .NET. With this release, a broad surface area of the Windows Azure cloud infrastructure can be accessed and automated using the same technology that was previously available only from the Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets or directly from the REST API. The initial preview includes support for hosted Cloud Services, Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Web Sites, Storage Accounts, as well as infrastructure components such as affinity groups.
We’ve spent a lot of time designing natural .NET Framework APIs that map cleanly to their underlying REST endpoints. It was very important to expose these services using a modern .NET approach that developers will find familiar and easy to use:
- Supports Portable Class Library (PCL), which targets apps that are built for .NET Framework 4.5, Windows Phone 8, Windows Store, and Silverlight.
- Ships as a set of focused NuGet packages with minimal dependencies to simplify versioning.
- Supports async/await-based task asynchrony (with easy synchronous overloads).
- Has a shared infrastructure for common error handling, tracing, configuration, and HTTP pipeline manipulation.
- Is factored for easy testability and mocking.
- Is built on top of popular libraries such as HttpClient and Json.NET.
The libraries are available on NuGet. We look forward to your feedback and invite you to share your thoughts, and open issues and suggestions.