Microsoft Azure Storage SDK for .NET
v12 repo. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to continuing to work together with you.We will continue to respond to issues here, but prefer that you post them on the
|SDK Name||Version||Description||NuGet/API Reference Links|
|Blob Storage SDK v12 for .NET||v12.0.0||The next generation Blob Storage SDK. Supports sync and async IO.||NuGet - Reference|
|File Storage SDK v12 for .NET||12.0.0-preview.5||The next generation File Storage SDK. Supports sync and async IO.||NuGet - Reference|
|Queue Storage SDK v12 for .NET||v12.0.0||The next generation Queue Storage SDK. Supports sync and async IO.||NuGet - Reference|
|Data Lake Storage SDK v12 for .NET||12.0.0-preview.6||The next generation Data Lake Storage SDK. Supports sync and async IO.||NuGet|
For more details, please visit the proper location for each repo.
Microsoft Azure Storage SDK for .NET (11.0.0)
Server Version: 2019-02-02
The Microsoft Azure Storage SDK for .NET allows you to build Azure applications that take advantage of scalable cloud computing resources.
This repository contains the open source subset of the .NET SDK. For documentation of the complete Azure SDK, please see the Microsoft Azure .NET Developer Center.
Note: As of 10.0.0, the namespace has changed to Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common, .Blob, .File, and .Queue. This is required for some SxS scenarios.
Note: As of 9.4.0, the Table service is not supported by this library.
Table support is being provided by CosmosDB.
- Blobs (Change Log)
- Create/Read/Update/Delete Blobs
- Files (Change Log)
- Create/Update/Delete Directories
- Create/Read/Update/Delete Files
- Queues (Change Log)
- Create/Delete Queues
- Insert/Peek Queue Messages
- Advanced Queue Operations
The complete Microsoft Azure SDK can be downloaded from the Microsoft Azure Downloads Page and ships with support for building deployment packages, integrating with tooling, rich command line tooling, and more.
Please review Get started with Azure Storage if you are not familiar with Azure Storage.
For the best development experience, developers should use the official Microsoft NuGet packages for libraries. NuGet packages are regularly updated with new functionality and hotfixes.
- .NET Framework 4.5.2: As of September 2018, Storage Client Libraries for .NET supports primarily the desktop .NET Framework 4.5.2 release and above.
- Netstandard1.3: Storage Client Libraries for .NET are available to support Netstandard application development including Xamarin/UWP applications.
- Netstandard2.0: Storage Client Libraries for .NET are available to support Netstandard2.0 application development including Xamarin/UWP applications.
- Microsoft Azure Subscription: To call Microsoft Azure services, you need to first create an account. Sign up for a free trial or use your MSDN subscriber benefits.
- Hosting: To host your .NET code in Microsoft Azure, you additionally need to download the full Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET - which includes packaging, emulation, and deployment tools, or use Microsoft Azure Web Sites to deploy ASP.NET web applications.
- The Storage Client Libraries use the semantic versioning scheme
Use with the Azure Storage Emulator
- The Client Libraries use a particular Storage Service version. In order to use the Storage Client Libraries with the Storage Emulator, a corresponding minimum version of the Azure Storage Emulator must be used. Older versions of the Storage Emulator do not have the necessary code to successfully respond to new requests.
- Currently, the minimum version of the Azure Storage Emulator needed for this library is 5.3. If you encounter a
VersionNotSupportedByEmulator(400 Bad Request) error, please update the Storage Emulator.
Download & Install
The Storage Client Libraries ship with the Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET and also on NuGet. You'll find the latest version and hotfixes on NuGet via the
To get the source code of the SDK via git just type:
git clone git://github.com/Azure/azure-storage-net.git cd azure-storage-net
Please note that the minimum NuGet client version requirement has been updated to 2.12 in order to support multiple .NET Standard targets in the NuGet package.
Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Blob Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Storage.File Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Queue
Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common package should be automatically entailed by NuGet.
The libraries depend on Newtonsoft.Json, which can be downloaded directly or referenced by your code project through Nuget.
The client-side encryption support depends on the KeyVault.Core package, which can be downloaded directly or referenced by your code project through Nuget.
FiddlerCore is required by:
This dependency is not included and must be downloaded from Telerik.
Tests for the client-side encryption support also depend on KeyVault.Extensions, which can be downloaded directly or referenced by your code project through Nuget.
OAuth testing requires the ActiveDirectory identity model also available via NuGet:
How-Tos focused around accomplishing specific tasks are available on the Microsoft Azure .NET Developer Center.
Be sure to check out the Azure Community Support page if you have trouble with the provided code or use StackOverflow.
Collaborate & Contribute
We gladly accept community contributions.
- Issues: Please report bugs using the Issues section of GitHub
- Forums: Interact with the development teams on StackOverflow or the Microsoft Azure Forums
- Source Code Contributions: Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for instructions on how to contribute code.
For general suggestions about Microsoft Azure please use our UserVoice forum.