The Azure WebJobs SDK is a framework that simplifies the task of writing background processing code that runs in Azure WebJobs. It includes a declarative binding and trigger system that works with Azure Storage Blobs, Queues and Tables as well as Service Bus. The binding system makes it incredibly easy to write code that reads or writes Azure Storage objects. The trigger system automatically invokes a function in your code whenever any new data is received in a queue or blob. The SDK also provides an integrated Dashboard experience in the Azure management portal, with rich monitoring and diagnostics information for your WebJob runs.
The related repo azure-webjobs-sdk-extensions demonstrates the extensibility model of the SDK and contains many useful trigger/binder extensions (e.g. WebHooks, SendGrid, Timer/Cron, Files), as well as samples showing how to use/create SDK extensions.
See also the other pages of this wiki.
- Samples Repo: https://github.com/Azure/azure-webjobs-sdk-samples
- Azure App Service Web Apps forum
- StackOverflow for the WebJobs SDK
- StackOverflow for WebJobs
- Azure Web Apps User Voice site
To get the very latest prerelease builds of the SDK and related packages, you can pull from our azure-appservice feed.
To set VS up for this you:
- Open "Manage NuGet Packages" and click the "Settings" button
- Add a new "package source" named "Azure App Service" with source "http://www.myget.org/F/azure-appservice/api/v2"
- Click OK. You should now see "Azure App Service" in the list of available Online package sources.
- Change the dropdown from "Stable Only" to "Include Prerelease"
See the contributions page