Visual Studio jQuery Code Snippets
I have updated the popular jQuery code snippets for use in Visual Studio 2012.
Most of these snippets were originally developed by John Sheehan (http://jquerysnippets.codeplex.com/) for Visual Studio 2010.
Please feel free to submit pull requests to update this project.
Download v1.1 (.zip)
- Download the "jQuery Snippets" folder and all of its contents from this respository here: https://github.com/xxkylexx/Visual-Studio-jQuery-Code-Snippets/zipball/master
- Extract the zip and drop the "jQuery Snippets" folder into the "Documents" > "Visual Studio 2012" > "Code Snippets" folder on your computer.
- In Visual Studio, navigate to "Tools" > "Code Snippet Manager".
- Select language "HTML" from the language dropdown menu.
- Select the "Add" button at the bottom.
- Locate the "Documents/Visual Studio 2012/Code Snippets/jQuery Snippets/jQuery HTML" folder and click "Select Folder".
- You should now see "jQuery HTML" in the listing of HTML snippets under the Code Snippet Manager.
- Click "OK" to exit the Code Snippet Manager.
- Restart Visual Studio.
There are over 130 code snippets for jQuery included. You can view a listing of all of these snippets on the project wiki here: https://github.com/xxkylexx/Visual-Studio-jQuery-Code-Snippets/wiki/Snippet-Listing
- Create an easy installer.
- Update snippets to latest jQuery version. They are currently based on an old jQuery build.
** Please feel free to submit pull requests to update this project.