B-DNS addon for Chrome lets you surf Namecoin and Emercoin domains:
- .bit - such as http://nx.bit
- .lib - such as http://rutracker.lib, http://flibusta.lib
...as well as custom OpenNIC TLDs - .bbs, .chan and a bunch of others.
Attention: Chrome requires
http:// prefix or a pathname
If you type an address like
nx.bit into the address bar and hit Enter - you will be taken to Google search page. You have to type
http://nx.bit or add a slash at the end:
nx.bit/. See this issue for details.
There you will also find a catalogue of existing domains in the supported blockchain name systems.
...And we're also giving out NMC/EMC domains for free.
Installing Debug Version
You can permanently load a debug (unsigned) extension into Chrome, i.e. it will survive restart.
Disable existing BDNS extension, if installed, before installing its debug version!
- Open Extensions tab: click on the button with 3 dots, open More tools submenu, then click on Extensions item.
- In the tab that has just opened, tick the checkbox named Developer mode, then click on Load unpacked extension button that should have appeared.
- Select the extension's directory. The directory should contain all files from the Chrome GitHub repository and all PNG images from this repository.
- Once the open dialog is submitted, a new extension should appear in the Extensions tab. Click on background page link (next to Inspect views) - this will open console window.
- In a regular Chrome tab, navigate to a resource in question (e.g.
nx.bit/) - you will notice the console window is populated with lines. Select them and copy to clipboard, or use the context menu's Save as command to produce a log file. Then submit the log along with your GitHub issue.