This is a Drupal installation profile for B-Translator Server.
Installation is done inside a Docker container. For instructions about installing Docker see: https://docs.docker.com/installation/
- Create a working directory:
- Link the docker directory inside the working directory:
cd workdir/ ln -s ../btr_server/docker .
- Modify and customize the settings:
cp docker/settings.sh . vim settings.sh
- Build a Docker image:
docker/build.sh settings.sh tail -f logs/nohup-btr_server-master-20150929.out less -r logs/nohup-btr_server-master-20150929.out
This will create a docker image, named
btr_server:masterwith a minimal ubuntu system and everything that is needed for the normal work of the Drupal application.
- Create a Docker container like this:
It will create a container with port forwarding like this:
-p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 2201:2201. If you don’t like the default port forwarding, edit
configand modify it.
- Now you can start and stop the container with
docker/stop.sh, enter the shell of the container with
development=trueis set on the settings, then the code of the application inside the container will be linked to the directories
btr_client/inside the workdir, so that you can edit and work on it easily.
- If it is installed on a local machine (for testing or
development), add the domain names
/etc/hosts, like this:
127.0.0.1 btr.example.org 127.0.0.1 l10n.example.org
This way it can be accessed by typing
https://l10n.example.orgon the browser location.
- To change the configuration, run:
and give the new settings interactively.
btr_server/options.shand then run:
docker/exec.sh install/config.sh options.sh
Note: An easier way to install is by using the script
utils/docker-install.sh which automates the steps above, with
certain conventions for directory names etc.
vim utils/docker-install.sh utils/docker-install.sh --domain=test.example.org or utils/docker-install.sh $(pwd)/settings.sh \ --git_branch=test --domain=test.example.org
What is B-Translator
The codename B-Translator can be decoded like Bee Translator, since it aims at collecting very small translation contributions from a wide crowd of people and to dilute them into something useful.
It can also be decoded like Be Translator, as an invitation to anybody to give his small contribution for translating programs or making their translations better.
- Email: email@example.com
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/b_translator
- Discussion group/forum
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&hl=en#!forum/btranslator
- Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109327047119841706609
- Chat/IRC: #btranslator on irc.freenode.net
Sites using B-Translator:
- https://l10n.org.al - Albanian translations.
To install and setup your site you would need some basic skills on Ubuntu server administration and Drupal administration.