Original Freedom of Information request
The team spent a day with journalism students from Birmingham City University calling library authority press offices for information on closures.
However, almost all those authorities asked that we submit our questions as a Freedom of Information request. These are the questions that we asked:
- How many library service points did you have in 2010? Do you have a list of addresses for those at all? 2 Please tell us how many library service points you have currently, November 2015, and provide the addresses.
- How many have been transferred from council control to the control of volunteers since 2010?
- Of those, which have had their opening hours reduced since 2010? And can you outline any changes please?
- Please tell us how many libraries have moved premises since 2010 and provide the former and current address.
- Please tell us how many new libraries have opened since 2010 (not existing libraries moving to different buildings) and provide addresses.
- How many library service points are proposed for closure within the next year? Please detail any mobile libraries separately to buildings
- How many members of staff worked for your libraries service in 2010 (headcount please, not FTE)?
- How many members of staff work for your libraries service (headcount please, not FTE) today?
- How many volunteers were assisting with the operation of the library service in 2010?
- How many volunteers assist with the operation of the library service today?