Refugees fleeing Syria to UK: 'We're not trouble'
More than 17,000 refugees fleeing the conflict in Syria have come to the UK under the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme.
BBC News caught up with some of them to share their stories about life in the UK.
The England data unit also analysed the latest figures to show how many people have gone to each region and local authority area.
This repo includes some charts that were not used in the story.
Get the data
- Home Office: Asylum and resettlement datasets
- CSV: Number of refugees accepted in each region
- CSV: Number of refugees accepted in each local authority
- CSV: Number of refugees accepted by year
Quotes and interviews
- Ghani, Kuwaiti-born barber and Syrian refugee
- Esther, student and Syrian refugee
- Anas, Timpsons employee and Syrian refugee
- Bar chart: Arrivals under the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme 2014-2019, by region
- Bar chart: Arrivals under the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme 2014-2019, by local authority
- Column chart: Refugees in the UK fleeing Syria, by year