Kapow! If you can script it, you can HTTP it.
Warning!!! Kapow! is under heavy development and specification; the provided code is a Proof of Concept and the final version will not even share programming language. Ye be warned.
How it was born
Some awesome history is coming.
Kapow! for the impatient
When you need to share a
command but not a complete remote
access, Kapow! will help you with the power of HTTP:
Kapow! allows you to write a litte script that will serve an executable as REST service. This script will let you define how to connect HTTP and the Shell using Kapow!'s shell abstractions to the HTTP world. See it to believe:
Kapow! gives you:
- A very simple way to turn any shell executable into an API
- A remote administration API
- A way to define the integration in you own terms, obligations-free!
Kapow! can't help when:
- You need high throughput: Kapow! spawns a new executable for every HTTP call
- You must perform complex logic to attend the request: never use Kapow! if your executables don't perform al least 90% of the hard work
- You are building a huge application
When it is your best friend:
- Easy command + Hard API = Kapow! to the rescue
- SSH for one command? Kapow! allows you to share only that command
- Remote instrumentation of several machines? Make it easy with Kapow!
The more you know
If you want to know more, please follow our documentation.