Storify Widget for MediaWiki
Let you embed a story from Storify in your wiki
- Download and extract the files in a directory called "StorifyWidget" in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code to your LocalSettings.php (at the bottom)
require_once( "$IP/extensions/StorifyWidget/StorifyWidget.php" );
- Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Just insert the
<storifywidget/> tag where you want the story to appear. If you miss the
/ in the tag, it can remove page content.
You can configure it with the following parameters :
- src : URI of the story you want to import
The URI needed is the URI of the story when it is full page : http://storify.com/[USERNAME]/[URI-ENCODED-TITLE-OF-THE-STORY]
- width (default "32") : The width of the widget (em)
- height (default "50") : The height of the widget (em)
<storifywidget src="uri_of_the_story" width="720" height="700" />
Storify widget is an extremely simple extension; all it does is convert a
<storifywidget /> tag into the export link from Storify but add the possibility to set the width and height.
StorifyWidget uses ResourceLoader, which was introduced in MW 1.17. I only have access to a wiki running 1.19.2, so I cannot guarantee that StorifyWidget will work on earlier versions of MediaWiki.
Another way to do it is to use the export link from Storify story.
v0.1: *Initial version
Please email comments, questions, or bug reports to bossiaux.flavien at gmail.org.